1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

one page websites more harm than good for links

Hello

I was wondering if i might be able to get some advice, We have a few links from websites that are just one page. They are very old and where set up before my time. They contain links to our site and are hosted on our server. I'm worried with a new google update that these are doing more harm than good. However our chairmen is insisting these stay up and running. I guess I was wondering are these causing harm because I believe they are or can i just leave my chairmen to it.
  3. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Google clearly knows that's your site as well; so the proper Google-required procedure would be to nofollow those links...

I am wondering if rel="me" sends Google any similar signal of the backlink origin? Even if it does, I don't think it's official...
    Everything will be ok in the end

If it's not ok, it's not the end
  5. SEO Guy
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

As per Matt Cutts single page websites are not bad as long as they are informative to user. If those single page sites are relevant to your website and the links there lands user to more informative content (without making link wheels) it will not cause you any harm.
    For being on the same side as Ann suggested you can make them nofollow.
    Hey! I am Shobhit, working as Sr. Executive Online Marketing in Noida, India.
    I am an avid and omnivorous reader as far as SEO and smartphones are concerned. I also have a blog on Search Engine Optimization that shares a few tips and tricks on SEO.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Thanks for the response on this. They do not drive any traffic to the website as we speak so I will make them no follow