1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Number of internal links within the site

Hi all,

Please help me out for the question of internal links for a particular page.

Let suppose, we have a site for so many car models pages, let say 300 pages.
    If I want to implement a functionality on the left navigation with the (+) sign, means if a user clicks on the (+) sign of Ford car, it will shows a list of all Ford models. then the user can choose from the list.
    So in this functionality, we have to put hundreds of links to those car models on a particular page.

Please let me know if it is okay in terms of SEO? Is it okay to have so many links on a particular page? What is the limit of the internal links on a particular page?

Kindly share your thoughts..

Thanks,
  3. No Profile Picture

IMO u should add rel="nofollow" to that (+) links and only dofollow links to pages which contains exact information about exact product.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by udohel
    IMO u should add rel="nofollow" to that (+) links and only dofollow links to pages which contains exact information about exact product.
    But all these links are internal links means all links are of my own site. So putting "nofollow" is okay?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

If this is your INTERNAL menu system then do not under any circumstances nofollow them.

You can have as many links between your internal pages as you want and think are necessary to provide a good user experience and let your users find the product they want.

Even if (and there wont be) a limit to internal links for a page then you still shouldn't care IF the links help people find what they want.
  9. Cool bra. Go with Christ!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Putting nofollow is ok, but I don't think it's a good idea...
    It won't prevent PR dilution, it will just let a large quantity of your PR slip away (although the PR is not passed, it is still allocated to the link, so - if 50% of your outbound links are "nofollowed" 50% of your "link juice" is wasted)!

Having multiple links going to the same pages is not an issue anyway, I don't think you need worry about it (the 2nd and subsequent links will have very little effect).
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume".. Egol 22nd Feb 2008
    New to SEO/SeoChat?...Click Here
    Canonical Problems?... Click Here
    Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines
  11. No Profile Picture

it is better not to use more than 100 internal links in a page, maybe you can use category based menu.