1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question Not ranking for main keyword

Hey Guys,

I have a question concerning one of my websites which is targeting the main keyword "Bauchmuskeltrainer" (Abs trainer in English ;-)) The domain is about 2 weeks old and I build about 40 high quality backlinks so far (PR 5-9). I also generated an RSS feed with the profiles of my backlinks, submitted it to a bunch of rss aggregators and bookmarked the feed on all social bookmarking websites, as well as bookmarking my main website (www.der<mainkeyword>.de). Furthermore I pinged the rss feed as well as the website.

HOWEVER, I do not rank for my main keyword.. and I mean NOTHING, not even on the first 10 pages of google.. and this is not a very competitive keyword with 13,800 competing sites.. I do however rank as number 1 for variations of my keyword which tells me that I am already indexed by google..

Why am I not ranking for my main keyword (the site is stuffed with the keyword), does anyone have a suggestion?

Cheers!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Google takes some time to get your desire results, Yahoo on the other hand response immediately.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Banned

For just two week old domain you have acquired quality links very fast(you mentioned PR5-9). I would like to see how experience seo expert respond to this since I am just a beginner.
    I have read that acquiring too many links too fast is not good for a new domain
  7. No Profile Picture

@HarryJackson: Thanks for the Answer, you are right the site does a way better job on yahoo, I hope google will follow..

@Sara145: Yes, I would be interested in this too, however I do not think that google penalizes too fast link building.. how could they? It happens naturally if you have great content..
  9. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by sara145
    For just two week old domain you have acquired quality links very fast(you mentioned PR5-9). I would like to see how experience seo expert respond to this since I am just a beginner.
    I have read that acquiring too many links too fast is not good for a new domain
    "Too many links too fast" is not an issue... (as DimBaba observed - this can happen for sites that "go viral") and Google have confirmed that before.
    What they also said was that the origins of this myth are likely to result from identical anchors: Building lots of links quickly is ok - building lots of links quickly with identical anchors - is a fair indication of unnatural linkage (excepting when the anchor is the domain name itself of course).

This was also observed (by the same Google representative)as the main cause of "the sandbox" effect.

Originally Posted by DimBaba
    Why am I not ranking for my main keyword (the site is stuffed with the keyword)...
    That - along with an unusual backlink profile (eg: identical anchors) could combine to cause you problems... Whilst keyword density is not important, it could - when combined with other indicators - bring you some negative attention from Google.

Review the anchors used in your backlinks and make sure they "look natural" and do the same with your content... in time you should see the results you desire.
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume..." (Egol 22nd Feb 2008)
    [New to SEO/SeoChat?] [Canonical Problems?] [Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines]
  11. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Gutantag

301 redirect http://bauchmuskeltrainer-test.com/ to the non test site.

Yahoo is showing 12 IBLs, mostly not relevant and Digg.

You have done a nice job with the site, original text, good url canonicalization and navigation.

Work on gaining quality, relevant in bound links through the power of your awesome content.

Don't expect too much in 2 weeks
    Good luck!
  13. No Profile Picture

Thanks for the great input guys!

@KernelPanic: Dankeschön ;-P

Do you think a redirect might be in any way problematic for google?

@ClickyB: I was not aware of the issue with the same anchor link, that is exactly what I was doing, thanks for the info! Do you have any advice on which anchor text to use best with the backlinks, related keywords?