1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Not Found in Fetch as Google

Hi everyone,

I found "Not Found" in Fetch as Google while i am submitting the site. What is the solutions for this? I think that my site is copied from my another one site such as content, designs and images also. But last 3 months my site in good ranking with 1st page and 2nd page. From 9th SEP my site was affected.

If i ll do the redesign and use fresh content in my site, will google index my site and can i get good ranking?
  3. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

I might not be understanding you correctly.

But if you have two sites and one of them is a completely 100% identical copy of the other...Google will see this and stop showing that site in SERPs. That's the real danger of duplicate content. Google looks at duplicate sources, tries to determine which is the original, and then will try to show only that one for queries. It's a bit different from de-indexing. I don't think the site is removed from the index, I think it's just that it doesn't show up in SERPs.

You can read more here: https://support.google.com/webmaster...er/66359?hl=en

But don't jump to conclusions. We have no idea if the site has actually been removed from the index. Do a quick "site:" search to see.

It could be something else in the design of your website, too. Check here: https://support.google.com/webmaster.../6066468?hl=en

Under "Resource fetch errors," Google describes the "Not found" status as:

This error indicates that you might see the HTTP 404 error code when you access your page using a web browser.
    So maybe your site is just inaccessible to Google.

I think we need some more details too:
    - Can you share the site URL? Just share it as "website.com" and leave the http and www parts off, please.
    - Why do you have two identical websites? What's the purpose?
    - What do you think the problem is, besides duplicate content? Have you looked at any crawl errors or anything that could block Googlebot from reaching you?

Thanks!

Comments on this post

• ryandiscord agrees
    • Paresh Shrimali agrees
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

If you are getting a Not Found message while fetching as Google, it means Google didn't find the page. Check that the page isn't returning a 404. If the page exists, isn't a 404 and you can get to it, you may have some other reason that Google isn't finding the page, could be DNS or caching issues. Really hard to say without looking at it.

As far as good rankings, there is a lot more to it than that.

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Sorry but I am not understanding your issue! Are we talking about a site, two sites, a page that result in a 404 not found? Maybe you should provide us with the URL of the page you are trying to Fetch as Google. Also, you state that your site has been affected! Affected with what?

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees