1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Noobie question about 'crawled currently not indexed'

Hello,

First of all, sorry if my question is noobish, but I've really tried to research on the topic before posting. Unfortunately, couldn't find many answers.

So I launched a new website. It's in adult niche, but I don't think it matters much. Domain was purchased a month ago, and I launched the site and submitted sitemap to Google Search Console about 2 weeks ago.

In search console I can see that it's being crawled, I don't see any errors, warnings, nothing like that. Site is fast, I update regularly, etc. However, in console, when I go to "coverage", I see that all my pages are excluded from index. Those pages, who are not excluded because of nofollow or robots.txt, all have status of "Crawled - currently not indexed". I can see my site on google is I type "site:mydomain.com". Also, if I search for some unique text in quotes, it shows up also. However, only longer phrases show up when I search for them in quotes. For example, if I search "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit." (in quotes) it shows up, but if I would search for "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet" it wouldn't. Google says that no results found for search query in quotes and offers to search without quotes. Obviously, I get zero traffic because of that. In my opinion, it's a sign of sandbox, if I understand correctly. Am I right?

So my question is, what should I do? Is it simply just too early? Should I just wait and keep posting content? Or something is seriously wrong here and I should consider changing domain or something?

I would really appreciate any input here. Thank you in advance.
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

There is no sandbox.

You are doing something wrong, incorrect, not properly. My best guess is you have triggered an algo or violated one of Googles rules concerning adult sites.
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Nov 2nd, 2018 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
    If you have never failed in your life, you have never achieved anything Noteworthy !
  5. No Profile Picture

Thank you. Sorry, but what do you mean by "triggered an algo"? And also, is there any place where I can read about Google's adult site rules?
  7. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

He means you raised a flag, for more info on adult sites in
    google, Google it.
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    He means you raised a flag, for more info on adult sites in
    google, Google it.
    Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find such info. Google itself list only guidelines for all sites, not adult specific. And from what I read on other resources, google doesn't treat adult sites in some special way. So that's why I came to this forum looking for some answers

Also, today I noticed that in search console valid pages finally appeared. So maybe there is no problem yet.

As for the behaviour when I searched in quotes, that I described in my first post, I think that is also not an issue. I tested it with some of huge and famous adult sites, and they seem to behave the same. For example, if I search for "doctor sleeping in his office on examination bed" (in quotes) I get bunch of results from adult sites. However, if I shorten the query to only "doctor sleeping in his office" (in quotes), I get only 1 result, non-adult site.

My guess is that in first case google identifies query as adult, and displays adult sites. In second case google doesn't think the query is adult related anymore, and all of the adult sites are excluded from the results. In case of my site, it was exactly the same. If I search for phrase which includes adult keyword, my site is shown. But when I shortened the query without adult keywords, my site is not shown, since google probably thinks that query is non-adult.

Anyways, hopefully nothing is wrong, and I should probably just keep building my website.