1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

New to SEO and seeking direction

Good afternoon,
    We recently launched a new health portal with the goal to optimize each article for top results. I've read countless articles on the interet about how to optimize content for best results. We utilize (or attempt to utilze) link building strategies along with key word densities within our articles.

What I find odd is that when one searches for the exact title of an article, google will return a site which we posted a link to our article while not returing our site.

Can anybody point me in the right direction as we just keep hitting road blocks.

Thank you much for allowing me to rant and I hope to be able to return guidance in the future as I learn this complicated science.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Originally Posted by imdadvisor
    Good afternoon,
    We recently launched a new health portal with the goal to optimize each article for top results. I've read countless articles on the interet about how to optimize content for best results. We utilize (or attempt to utilze) link building strategies along with key word densities within our articles.

What I find odd is that when one searches for the exact title of an article, google will return a site which we posted a link to our article while not returing our site.

Can anybody point me in the right direction as we just keep hitting road blocks.

Thank you much for allowing me to rant and I hope to be able to return guidance in the future as I learn this complicated science.
    Perhaps the page with the link is indexed before your page. There could be some delay in the indexing time of your site due to Google's perceived quality of your site.

Sidenote: When using KWD as a metric, do you ever find yourself using the terms more often or less often than you would if you were writing naturally?

Beware: KWD is like a quota at a police department. It often leads to BS tickets that do nothing but piss people off.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo