1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Need urgent advice on YOAST SEO plugin in wordpress

Hello guys!

So basicly i installed on wordpress Yoast SEO plugin. After i edited my Snippet SEO title and description on front page, after few days it changed a lot of my pages titles and descriptions, basicly the plugin deleted all of my work on titles and descriptions and idk why.. For example this one before http://i.imgur.com/OumzFUY.jpg And after
    Imgur: After
    Is it possible to some how to recover my old titles and descriptions? I have a lot of pages and dont want to do the same work again. Hope for some help, thanks!
  3. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

You will be better of getting support through here: How can I get support? - Yoast Knowledge Base
    Always happy to help in private message. | Learn about my latest project Can You Get Automated Pages To Rank In Google?
    Useful Links: Useful SEO Tools | GTmetrix | FileOptimizer | Cloudflare
  5. SeoRaptor
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Not a big user of Yoast but Isn't there a part in the configuration of the plugin where you state the basic rewritting of your title tags and description?

Recovering the lost data is easy if you have a db backup previous to your yoast install and made after your work on meta datas, if not I'm not sure that's even possible.
    Owner of Bennetonable | AdWords certified - Analytics qualified
    On-Page SEO Cheat Sheet | "My opinions are my own. Feel free to disagree & think above the fold."
  7. "The Guild" SEO Expert
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Ouch. Sorry to hear about the trouble.

First question: do you still have the old plugin you used before the Yoast install (AIO, SEO Ultimate, Platinum, etc.)? If you do, then your data is still in the account. And you can recover it and transfer all that data over seamlessly to Yoast by using a transposing plugin like SEO Data Transporter.

If you don't, then you may want to try disabling the Yoast plugin, then turning it on again. If that doesn't work, you have two other options:

- you can try to upgrade to Yoast Premium which will unlock actual support assistance as has already been recommended in this thread.
    - you can go through ALL of your plugins and disable them one at a time except for Yoast. If there is a conflict causing Yoast to malfunction, this will unearth it. I've done this myself many times.

Good luck and keep us updated at your end!

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees : Thanks!
    Casey Markee l The Guild & SEN Staff Expert
    Speaker, Writer, Trainer & Founder, Media Wyse
    Follow Me Online at @MediaWyse