I need some solid advice about SEO advertising for our business.
We have been in business sense 2007 and we just recently completed our website Saltwaterconnectionsllc.com. Needless to say its flash based and SEO was completely disregarded in its design. At present we are in the process of building a new word press website that will hopefully be more SEO appropriate.
We would like to have our website rank on google in the top 3 position for 6 seed keyword search terms.
These phrases are.
custom fish tank(s)
(custom) aquarium manufacture (s)
aquarium(s) for sale
fish tanks for sale
Here are my questions.
1) Simply put how do we go about accomplishing this.
2) How important is a websites age in determining its organic ranking on google? Can we purchase an aged domain name that has already been established in googles indexing? Considering our competition how important is it to have a domain name that is older?
3) We have contacted several SEO companies about setting up a campaign. Is this a service we should be considering? We are hesitant about spending thousands of dollars and not seeing a return on our investment. What type of questions should we be asking this SEO companies to ensure they will deliver on their promises? How much should we anticipate on budgeting per month for an SEO campaign? Can someone recommend an SEO company?
4) If we choose to change the domain name, should be look for a domain that has one of our seed keywords in it?
5) I have been informed that googles 1st organic ranking, for the phrase custom aquariums has roughly 8000 inbound links from around 1000 referring domains. Most of these inbound links appear to be from a poorly done SEO job. Realistically how long would it take to out rank them with a well designed SEO campaign?
Thank you for your help and any additional advice would be greatly appreciated.