1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Need guest posting advice

Hey guys,

let's say you reach to a very good niche blog for doing LB on your site. Which of the 2 would you prefer (anyway I don't mean to "bomb" a single key, this is just an example):

1) you put an anchor without the website name being quoted:
    "To visit LA and enjoy yourself all you need to do is "<a href="https://www.labestrest.com"> to find a good hotel in los angels</a> and book a good room.

OR:

2) Last time I went to LA I choose to sleep in the LA Best Rest Hotel that you can find here: <a href="https://www.labestrest.com"> https://www.labestrest.com</a> and it all went well.

So, considering this just an example to set a principle and not a technique to use always (since it's best to vary, of course) do you feel more natural for a blogger in Google's eyes to naturally link a site as a resource for the readers, just the anchor without writing the site name, or to write the site name as in the example number 2?
    Last edited by Andrew78; Jan 6th, 2018 at 07:01 AM.
  3. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Stop trying to trick search engines into giving you better ranks. It doesn't work.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

In my personal opinion and my experience the second option work more better and will give more better result.
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

If it's a niche blog in your industry, that means their readers will be relevant, potential traffic to your site. If you're lucky enough to be able to choose the anchor text, go with something which will entice the readers to click through to your site. My most valuable link is a no-follow funnily enough, makes up 10-20% of my traffic. I know you're trying to manipulate the SERPs here, but if it's that good of a link in regards to relevance you should be happy to take a no-follow. No risk, relevant traffic... beautiful.

I don't have enough experience to say with absolute certainty, but personally, I don't think Google even values most links. I personally think they're very selective with whom they give a vote too. If a webmaster can be tempted into giving you links via email etc, this would normally mean they've done it before... and before that, and before that... which means spam, which means that link would've been 10x more beneficial to you if you just opted for a no-follow in the first place.

Comments on this post

• tritrain agrees
  9. No Profile Picture

I completely agree with Matt. A no-follow link is safe from spam and provide good traffic if offers value or support your content.

For your question, I think it's better to use both version rather than creating one kind of links.
  11. No Profile Picture

First one is the natural way to insert the link as the readers point view and also not looks like the promotion. But, we can use the both ways to create the backlinks in different form.

Comments on this post

• tritrain agrees
  13. No Profile Picture

Hey,Andrew78 thank you for this thiss article. You’ve found the experts in creative web design in Sydney.Spark interact is recruiting for 2018 check out the great new positions and apply online now
  15. No Profile Picture

What is best is to be natural. Or at least try to be. There are a variety of different types of backlinks. You could also use your brand, a partial, or synonym, for example. Also, why not make it 'nofollow', as a certain percentage are likely to be that way. Perhaps 6x% nofollow, give or take?

Imagine yourself as different customers and all the different ways it could be written. Write for the reader and what appears to read best. If it looks like it was written for a search engine and they do a 'manual action', then the human doing it will likely tell the difference.