1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

myblogguest hit by Google - a new twist?

Google Penalizes A Large Guest Blogging Network

... and right in the middle of my search for How to find good guest bloggers?

As I mentioned Ann's site had become over run with content farm makers looking for poor quality content writers working for duff SEO companies because they got a link somewhere in the dross that vaguely passed for an article. Last week I wrote on the forum in myblogguest and asked how many of the people using the site like this knew they were heading for a Google penalty. I got some "Yeah, you're right" responses but they just kept on going! I didn't expect it would be myguestblog that got hit.

myblogguest was not a content farm or a "private blog network" but it was a platform to make those things possible. So Google is now hitting the platforms as much as the websites?

I still think there is mileage in a good, moderated service for genuine bloggers to find the odd guest blog opportunity but moderating such a service would be a nightmare ....
    Last edited by Doodled; Mar 19th, 2014 at 04:11 PM. Reason: spelling!!
  3. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

It's "myblogguest"
    You are spoiling results for our next brand name )

Comments on this post

• Doodled agrees : Sorry Ann!! Always get it mixed up - myguestblog just flows ...
    Everything will be ok in the end

If it's not ok, it's not the end
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Certain things are being overdone by Google. Lately, I have read an article in Search Engine Land that one of the websites has been penalized for one bad content. However, there have been bad content in the past as well and then, only that particular page used to be penalized and not the entire website. By the hit on MyBlogGuest, many of the bloggers are panic stricken, as it is one of the biggest platforms for blogging.

Why don't Google pick the bad guys and punish them instead of attacking all?!
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google: Write quality,unique content for visitors not for search engines....And author of Myblogguest follows these guidelines...I think Google has to change their guideline(Don't put link in it)...