1. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Post My Site was down for Redesign and have lost most of my traffic

Hi ,

we are changing the design of the site past 1month, there is no traffic for my site . Please help me. This is my site ozzat.com
    Last edited by NathanielB; Oct 8th, 2013 at 09:48 AM. Reason: edit link (please no live links OP - Read our rules!)
  3. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

It sounds like you are saying your site was taken off line for the month that you where doing the new design?

If that's the case, that will be why you have no traffic! Look at it from a visitors point of view, would you go back to a site that's been down for a month where there are hundreds of other coupon sites offering the same services which don't go offline for a month just to change the design?

Maybe you need to look at how you do things and do your new designs and testing etc on subdomains (blocked ones so not to cause any problems) rather then taking your main site down so no one can use it!? Really the ONLY and I mean ONLY reason you should take a site down is if you have major security problems, but even then I would make sure to put a good temp site up with the same quality content and a message at the top of each page informing users of maintenance due to back-end problems!

Might I suggest now that your site is live again(?) you start to promote it in places where people will be looking for coupons and not just trying to get it to rank on google because your in a niche with a lot of competition!

You might also want to check why it takes so long to connect/redirect when you enter ozzat.com without www. because that could loss you visitors!
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I agree with NathanielB - I think the use of a .dev subdomain would have been the best decision here. It lets you keep you site up and running and lets you troubleshoot carefully, without rushing to get up and live again.

C'est la vie. It looks like the site is live again, but if you are planning on any future design changes, don't take the site down - use the subdomain.

And the site loaded pretty slowly on my end too, even with an added www; if you're looking to get a general idea of how to improve site speed, you could consider the Google Insights Page Speed tool. Not everything on there might be actionable on your end, but you can't beat the price (free) and it's presented in a roughly prioritized order to help organize workflow.
  7. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by daniel.o
    And the site loaded pretty slowly on my end too, even with an added www; if you're looking to get a general idea of how to improve site speed, you could consider the Google Insights Page Speed tool. Not everything on there might be actionable on your end, but you can't beat the price (free) and it's presented in a roughly prioritized order to help organize workflow.
    The load speed was ok for me when I entered www. that's why I mentioned the redirect speed as that could be caused by something different then load speed in general, but if others are having problems with load speed its worth checking as we have very good speeds at work compared to a lot of our clients so don't always spot speed problems before others!

For helping with load speed try these three links (not used for some time so don't know how relevant they are today, but they use to be rather handy):
    Yahoo YSlow for Mobile/Bookmarklet
    WebPagetest - Website Performance and Optimization Test
    WordPress Optimization Bible | Prelovac.com

The last is for wordpress clearly, but you can get some ideas for non-wordpress sites from it. It just means you have to do what is said differently depending on your sites coding/cms etc.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Thank you so much for your Advises !