1. No Profile Picture

Unhappy My Competitor destroyed my Site With Backlinks

Hi,
    I was hit by google like few months ago, but i had not purchased links, I think it could have been a competitor who knows!.

I had not purchase any links at any time.

How can google know this is a competitor or was it the site owner ?

Google has opened the way to destroy million of business?

Every competitor would be shooting thousands of spammy links on competitor site ultimately destroying there sites ?

What do think about this ?
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by bashoozmmarraii
    Hi,
    I was hit by google like few months ago, but i had not purchased links, I think it could have been a competitor who knows!.

I had not purchase any links at any time.

How can google know this is a competitor or was it the site owner ?

Google has opened the way to destroy million of business?

Every competitor would be shooting thousands of spammy links on competitor site ultimately destroying there sites ?

What do think about this ?
    PENGUIN does detect purchased links it detects inorganic links ... big difference.

There is nothing a competitor can do that you can't so for a competitor to have any impact on your domain you must have been doing whatever you are accusing them of first.

...you destroyed yourself unless you claim the competitor built your ranks to!

Comments on this post

• whiterabbit agrees : I agree with this when it comes to established sites but I can see how a newer site in a small niche may be affected by negative seo...you don't really know until you look at the BL profile, I guess..
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by fathom
    PENGUIN does detect purchased links it detects inorganic links ... big difference.

There is nothing a competitor can do that you can't so for a competitor to have any impact on your domain you must have been doing whatever you are accusing them of first.

...you destroyed yourself unless you claim the competitor built your ranks to!
    Well a link would never say i am bought or i am purchased, inorganic links can be thrown to your site by any person
  7. justificational oblivion
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

bashoozmmarril, how much did you have invested in the site already, before your site dropped rankings. If you did not have much of a backlink profile to begin with, I could see how you site could be impacted. Usually when I see aggressive tactics like that, it is usually a huge link dump into your site in a very short time span, have you seen a sudden jump in the number of links to your site? Is it all one anchor text also? Additionally, did you get a link warning?

Part of the reason why Google introduced the disavow tool was to counter the negative SEO argument, I my one opinion. ...

If you have a lot invested in the site that you're mentioning, consider doing a disavow and waiting a couple weeks to see whats happens.....
    "...using this: sages act out of constructs but they do not rely on them"
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by whiterabbit
    bashoozmmarril, how much did you have invested in the site already, before your site dropped rankings. If you did not have much of a backlink profile to begin with, I could see how you site could be impacted. Usually when I see aggressive tactics like that, it is usually a huge link dump into your site in a very short time span, have you seen a sudden jump in the number of links to your site? Is it all one anchor text also? Additionally, did you get a link warning?

Part of the reason why Google introduced the disavow tool was to counter the negative SEO argument, I my one opinion. ...

If you have a lot invested in the site that you're mentioning, consider doing a disavow and waiting a couple weeks to see whats happens.....
    It was established site for some years, and suddenly i coudn't see my page yeah you are right link dump was the issue and no warning of any link but people are rumoring that google disavow is a tool to catch kinda of trick by google to get spam dudes but let me check more on the tool you mentioned
  11. justificational oblivion

A bunch of people wrote disavow tool off when it first came out for that reason, I wouldn't worry about it...especially if your site is established, I would not want to lose it....keep in mind to be *very* careful with the disavow tool and make sure that you do not disavow potentially valuable links....I know it sounds weird to mention but I've seen some disastrous disavow files....
  13. rod@missionop.com

Originally Posted by bashoozmmarraii
    Well a link would never say i am bought or i am purchased, inorganic links can be thrown to your site by any person
    Sure they can... so your theory is your competitor built your ranks for you... and that is what got devalued so why do you think you deserve ranks you never developed yourself?
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

you can use disavow tool or send the owner of spammy links to delete all the spammy links for you
  17. rod@missionop.com

Originally Posted by jeff23
    you can use disavow tool or send the owner of spammy links to delete all the spammy links for you
    I would not use the disavow tool unless you got notified of a manual review.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Obviously you need to know that it's not possible for a competitor to destroy another website with backlinks.
    It must have been something you did.
  21. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

What's the URL?
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

How can you be so sure that your competitor has done this.....??/
  25. Dancin with the devil
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

If it were that easy, every competitor would be spending all of their time trashing and trying to take out their other competitors. I think you need to look a little closer to home if you've been actively optimizing said site. It is possible that changes you made several months ago were more recently picked up by the search engines.

Review your past work on the site and see if you can pinpoint something you accidentally changed. Posting the URL as joshz recommended will surely get you a better response.

Comments on this post

• fathom agrees : ABSOLUTELY!
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Chinese Proverb