Thread: Moz new DA

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Moz new DA

I've heard that moz have made changes to their domain authority metric. I used to use moz pro but switched to AHrefs a couple of years ago., but I have heard they have made big improvements to their keyword research and the link tools. Is it worth giving moz pro another chance, or would you say ahrefs is still superior?

Thanks
  3. Moderator
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Well metrics mean little, as for links, I highly doubt Moz is up to the standard of Ahrefs. Suppose there's no harm in trying though.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Yes, Moz has changed it's domain authority metrics. The new metrics called now DA 2.0, Moz has updated its algorithm to determine the DA of a particular website through its new metrics. Many websites affected by this. My personal blog
    also affected its previous DA was 16 and now it's only 4.
    Last edited by Test-ok; Mar 9th, 2019 at 07:01 PM.
  7. nobody
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

DA is a Moz internal metric and to be honest with you, I never trusted it to begin with. It was just a feature that Moz created and sold very well because the PR bar was going away. I don't think to change it is going to make Moz any better.

I don't do the traditional link building anymore, but occasionally when I do for whatever reason, the only metric I look at is the organic traffic trends of a website and how relevant that traffic is to my site.

Stick to your AHrefs, it's a great tool. I used to use it a lot but now I just use SEMRush for pretty much everything.
    Enterprise SEO Consultant at Sefati & Company
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Comparing the two tools can be a pain as both the do similar processes. However, when you put the tools on perspective based on the goals you want to achieve, the comparison is pretty straightforward.
    For tracking keyword, tracking SERP against URLs and Keywords, tracking backlinks, and competitors analysis, AhrefZ offers better data. But for On-Page optimization, Moz is better, hands down.
  11. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

How do they compair to SEO power suite?
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Rather than relying on a complex linear model, we’ve made the switch to a neural network. This offers several benefits including a much more nuanced model which can detect link manipulation.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yeah I use MOZ because of the 10 free searches a month.

When I compare my profile to my competitors, it seems to hold water.

I'd like to try Ahref as well of course but it's too expensive for a solopreneur, at least for the stage I'm at.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo