1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

More "semi-repeditive" pages or one "quality" page?

Hello all,

I have a small financial site in which I give free weekly stock market briefings.

I can create a page every week but the differences between page content will be fairly small - the date will be different and perhaps 10% of the words. My other option is to simply update a single page. People might bookmark and go directly to this page if they like it.

Not to sound greedy, but I want traffic. Which one is best?

TYVM
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Multiple Vs single page

Originally Posted by OMGpageRANKzero
    Hello all,

I have a small financial site in which I give free weekly stock market briefings.

I can create a page every week but the differences between page content will be fairly small - the date will be different and perhaps 10% of the words. My other option is to simply update a single page. People might bookmark and go directly to this page if they like it.

Not to sound greedy, but I want traffic. Which one is best?

TYVM
    What i recommend here to get traffic is target only home page and just put snippest (title and important points/first three to four line ) once user click on it he/she will redirect to the actual post.

this will helps you to focus on only one url and it resulted in traffic once you get good ranking.

Below latest one put previous one and so on... (you can post latest 10 posts and for more put link after 10th post).

Also my other suggestion is submit all the new post links in your site map using google news sitemap format.This will helps your post url to get listed in googles news section which also helps you to drive traffic.

Chirag.
  5. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by OMGpageRANKzero
    Which one is best?
    Both are poor choices.

The best approach is to write detailed information that is unique every week and write it in a style that will build an historical resource.

If you want people to visit your site it better have great content. People do not want to read "Yada yada yada yada yada yada yada December 12 yada yada yada yada yada yada yada up 20 points yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada." That's really boring!

One problem with a news based site is that the information becomes stale rather than remaining evergreen. Consider basing the site on evergreen content and supplement it with the "December 17 up 20 points".
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL