1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

More links from directory submission

If I am Getting more links from directory submission, Will it affect my website?
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Might, might not, effect your site how? And how many and what kind of directories. Most are no follow as far as seo goes and most don't pass traffic.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Voora
    If I am Getting more links from directory submission, Will it affect my website?
    I think there is no limitation. All you need to have that you have chosen right directory which your niche and only quality directory sites.
  7. Contributing User

I think they do not affect your website and most of the directories are provide no-follow links. But if the link is from niche and good quality directory then that link help you. I said this because when I see my competitors website then most of the links are from directory sites and they are ranking well on SERP.
    So many links from directories are a waste of time nothing else. If you get some from the authority and niche directories then that is good.
  9. No Profile Picture

my ponit of view it not affect your website. I saw my competitor back link. that contain more directory back link and got best rank on SE.
  11. Contributing User

A big thing to be aware of with directories for businesses is NAP (Name, Address, Phone No.) consistency, as local and to some extent other regional rankings, rely on search engines being able to find verifiable data about your site/business on other sites.

For every business that uses directories well, to actually get leads from & validate their NAP data, many make things worse by having different info everywhere, or duplicate copy taken from their own website.

I'd recommend you get this sorted on your site, so NAP, contact details, opening times etc. & add schema.org markup for all this detail, then ensure its consistent across your social media. Next get all the important directories claimed (a quick search for citations sources & your country will bring these up), plus updated consistently.

Only then should you look at directories that have relevance to your business/locations (& aren't spammy low quality), there are plenty of good tools/companies that do this whole process well, we offer it a service ourselves.
  13. No Profile Picture

I can't get why did you got this question ? Links never hurt until they are from authoritative sources.
  15. Contributing User

Originally Posted by NaseemKaloo
    I can't get why did you got this question ? Links never hurt until they are from authoritative sources.
    I'm not sure what you mean, are you replying to the original poster, or my comments about ensuring directory posts are consistent and match your website/GMB listing?

Some directories are really spammy, have links from all sorts of poor sites/niches and in the worst cases may already have a penalty from Google. I would strongly suggest you review directories properly before submitting your site/business to them, as links from these type of directories will hurt your website, especially if you get multiple links from them...
    Last edited by Insite Web; Oct 30th, 2017 at 09:44 AM.
  17. No Profile Picture

If the directory websites are blacklisted or has low PA and DA then it affects your ranking when Google update its algorithm. If you want good results from directory submissions then build backlinks from high DA sites.

Comments on this post

• Hikin Mike : PA/DA is not a Google metric.
  19. No Profile Picture

Hi Voora,

It's a great question because nowadays most of the expert thinking that directory submission has lost their value and if we submit our website there then it will harm our website ranking and quality. But One thing I would like to say that now Google has changed their algorithm from quantity to quality.

If you want to generate backlinks using directory, then those sites should be high authority and related to your theme. If you will follow these two points, then your website will definitely rank well on major search engines.