1. No Profile Picture

Local SEO For Multiple Locations

Hi,

I'm redesigning a client's website right now, and what he is most concerned about is popping up well for 4 different office locations.

Here is how I proposed to do it:

His 4 locations are Waco, Marlin, Temple, and Dallas.

The main site would target Waco. Then, I would make a page called locations which would have minimal information about the other towns with a learn more button.

Then, there would be a landing page for each town that would be located at /locations/town.

Then, for each service, there would be a page exactly like the other services pages, but that would target the different towns.

For example, /locations/dallas/dallas-criminal-defense-attorney.

What do you guys think of this strategy?

Thank you in advance for your input.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

/locations/ folder is fine. However, it's not always best practice to stuff your target or top performing keywords in the URL, such as "Dallas Criminal Defense Attorney." Keeping URL's short and simple, while still answering the User's query is better. With that said, you don't need Dallas in your URL twice, and you may not need attorney either, since it's implied with "criminal defense." Therefore, I'd probably structure it /locations/dallas/criminal-defense/, and then optimize for your keywords in the Title, Meta, Headings, and content.
  5. No Profile Picture

Alright that makes sense. I guess I thought since I'd already have a page that is /criminal-defense that I'd be creating a duplicate URL if I made another one, but as long as I set the right page as the parent I should be fine I think. Thank you.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

One word of caution here....

Originally Posted by rmartin93
    Then, there would be a landing page for each town that would be located at /locations/town.

Then, for each service, there would be a page exactly like the other services pages, but that would target the different towns.
    Do not just create duplicate pages with just the town / city being the only difference. Google would consider this thin content so to speak and doorway pages targeting different towns. Make sure that the content is unique for each page to avoid this.

This was a pre 2012 tactic and no longer works today.

Comments on this post

• Digital Marketeer agrees
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by KnowOneSpecial
    One word of caution here....

Do not just create duplicate pages with just the town / city being the only difference. Google would consider this thin content so to speak and doorway pages targeting different towns. Make sure that the content is unique for each page to avoid this.

This was a pre 2012 tactic and no longer works today.

Yeah, that's the one annoying part. It's the same business just in different towns. I wish I could create the same exact content for each location because there really
    shouldn't be anything different.

I'll try to think of something to make the content different.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Just have it re-written differently, use different photos, and make sure none of your tags are duplicate. I manage 400+ GEO pages for a Franchise. Granted...each location is technically a different business, but I have to re-write the same services 400 different ways. Check out textbroker.com. I can get a 500 word page written for $12.50 - 4 out of 5 stars, so it's high quality. I've been very pleased with their work.