1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Local rank How often is it updated?

I have been working hard on a citation campaign for my site and I am currently ranked 9th out of approximately 100 which isn't bad but it isn't the top three. I just paid for mozlocal and I know these things take time but I am wondering if anyone knows how often google reranks local business searches.

Additionally, if anyone has anything to recommend to the following it would be greatly appreciated.

Local SEO things I have targeted done.

1. Feedback (I have 9 five star positive reviews no one in the 3 pack has a single review)
    2. Amount of citations (Campaign is over a month into this)
    3. verify your google maps listing (This has been done)
    4. Appropriate category (Confirmed I am in the correct category)
    5. In your google maps listing list your keyword in the google maps listing (Yes)
    6. closest to center of town (This one I have no clue)
    7. schema.org microdata (Added the html for this and verified it with google webmaster tools data is at the bottom of the footer on every page for my site)

I have been ranked 9th for three months now even when I had just one positive Google feedback and competitors had zero I know there are other ranking factors involved but I believe I covered them above. Are citations really that much bearing I am only using mozlocal I know other competition is using yext but the yearly fees they have are ridiculous. My game plan is after mozlocal and if my ranking is not in the top 3 I will work with whitespark.ca since they allow you to own the listings they do for you for a one-time fee

Any other recommendations would be appreciated.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

To add I am doing link building slowly via social media sharing and for content I blog once a week on my site and use microdata for articles for my blog articles.
  5. Retired from SEO
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

See below some of my finding

1) Add your locations in you page title smartly

2) Add city with services or services with cities pages to your website and also add proper KML file in you contact page

3)Please claim your listing on Bing and Yahoo

4) Apart from Moz local find more verticle sites and submit your site to it.

5) If you have negative reviews than response back properly

6) Create optimized Twitter profile and show their updates on to home page

7) Create & Claim you listing on ExpressUpdate

8) Apart from Moz local you should check inconsistent data from your end and fix those including NAP for wrong citations. For that, you can search your brand name with your phone no. and get the inconsistent data and there no. of sites/tools where you can find this very easily.

9) Find your competitor's citations and additional sources as you can and work around.

10) Create more reviews ask your existing customers for this.

11) Create & Claim Listing On Yelp.

12) Modify you old citations with new updates including descriptions images etc., and make It easy for customers to review your services

13) Display testimonials and reviews on your website

14) Claim Your Venue on Foursquare

15) If you have exact match domains, then It will be great as I have seen there are many sites those are ranking well especially in maps having this. As those sites get the advantage of this. It doesn't mean if you don't have exact match domain then you can't rank but it will give you an advantage in somehow.

16) Add good quality photos in your our Google my business page, so when the customers found your listing then they can easily understand what they're looking for. By this, your CTR would be increased.

17) Moreover, I personally suggest please go through below links you will get more than this.

https://moz.com/blog/how-to-have-a-s...mpaign-in-2015
    https://moz.com/blog/stop-local-seo-...ond-the-basics
    https://moz.com/blog/local-seo-checklist

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees : Thanks!
    • Josoftech agrees
    Last edited by Prof.stan; May 5th, 2016 at 04:49 PM. Reason: added some referrals
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  7. SeoRaptor
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Haven't checked the links content but I think adding Microdata (especially on your address, business name and logo) is also a good plus for local SEO.

Regarding exact match domain, some do rank high but I would generally tell my client to go for a branded url instead of an exact match url as in my experience the exact match tend to get penalised more easily.

Otherwise, very good post with very good advice.