1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Linking individual location pages

On my home page, at the very bottom, i have a list of each county i cover as well as each respective town in that county.
    I made individual county pages that are linked to the respective county on the home page. Each county page then has a list of the towns in that particular county.
    When i make an individual town page, i link that to the town on the home page itself PLUS the specific town on the county page..
    Question, should i continue to link my individual town pages to both county page and home page or should i only link to one?
    Last edited by Lexer; Feb 1st, 2018 at 08:11 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Lexer
    On my home page, at the very bottom, i have a list of each county i cover as well as each respective town in that county.
    I made individual county pages that are linked to the respective county on the home page. Each county page then has a list of the towns in that particular county.
    When i make an individual town page, i link that to the town on the home page itself PLUS the specific town on the county page..
    Question, should i continue to link my individual town pages to both county page and home page or should i only link to one?
    I was looking into this myself, the only thing I have noticed on someone else's site that is doing the same as your self. They have it on one page only and every page is set for the same keyword with a different area attached. The page is ranked very well. Not sure if this helps.
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I'm driving to London today. Should I wear my blue or red sweater?

You're asking a lot of questions on this forum, many of which have tiny influences, while probably completely missing the important stuff. I would suggest you start with some basic reading with Google's SEO guide, maybe MOZ as well.
  7. No Profile Picture

"I'm driving to London today. Should I wear my blue or red sweater?"
    That's not very helpful.

If you're going to have regional pages (country / city) at the bottom then what you want to do is silo it down.

Don't put all the listings all the time and instead on the homepage you should have the countries.
    Then when you're in the country, have the cities listed.

So...

Homepage: Countries
    Country page: Cities
    Cities: Boroughs
    Boroughs: Streets

And so on...

Silo down that way to start and you'll be just fine.
    (Alternatively, you can also keep all the countries listed site-wide in the footer and that should be fine if you only have a few countries)