Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Link Juice Query

If i am giving a dofollow link to other site from my site. Then, it will effect my site Page Authority and domain Authority???
    Will my Page Authority and Domain Authority will decrease??
    Last edited by kanika123; Aug 12th, 2017 at 01:11 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

If you are linking to a known bad site, then yes it could / may / probably will affect your site. If you are linking out to sites like wikipedia, it should not affect you.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by kanika123
    If i am giving a dofollow link to other site from my site. Then, it will effect my site Page Authority and domain Authority???
    Will my Page Authority and Domain Authority will decrease??
    your page authoruty is affected when you link to spammy site or with when you link to a site with very low DA and PA then of yours.

Comments on this post

• Digital Marketeer : Spammy site, yes, low DA/PA, no.
  7. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

All of the above is a guess, Google doesn't give that information any longer.
    Last edited by Test-ok; Aug 18th, 2017 at 04:46 AM.
  9. No Profile Picture

low quality backlinks effected your website and high pr link will surely rank your website
    Last edited by KernelPanic; Aug 18th, 2017 at 04:18 AM.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hi Kanika123,
    Stop worrying about Page Authority and Domain Authority. These Moz created terms do not exist in the real SEO world.

I suggest, any comments about them are likely irrelevant to your site's ability to attract new business.

I suspect that the SEO tool companies that espouse these sorts of metrics may well disappear as their usefulness declines.
  13. Contributing User

Originally Posted by JohnAimit
    Hi Kanika123,
    Stop worrying about Page Authority and Domain Authority. These Moz created terms do not exist in the real SEO world.

I suggest, any comments about them are likely irrelevant to your site's ability to attract new business.

I suspect that the SEO tool companies that espouse these sorts of metrics may well disappear as their usefulness declines.
    They're worse than useless, they're dangerous and misleading.

Look at the endless posts on here referring to PA/DA (or even Alexa....), you just know people are easily manipulating these figures to show some kind of SEO success, and more than likely taking money for it.
  15. No Profile Picture

I don't really understand what you guys are saying, all domains are equal in the eyes of Google? So a backlink from joebloggs.com is the same as a backlink from Huffingtonpost (92 DA)?
  17. SEO Since 97

Originally Posted by SenorSteak
    I don't really understand what you guys are saying, all domains are equal in the eyes of Google? So a backlink from joebloggs.com is the same as a backlink from Huffingtonpost (92 DA)?
    No they are NOT equal. You need to read more about it.

Comments on this post

• JohnAimit agrees
    • SEOfromRyan agrees : Absolutely 100% agree!
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi SenorSteak,
    Moz DA and PA metrics are only crude guides to help save time when assessing possible link values or providing another crude metric for comparing different websites. (Same for all similar SEO tools.)

Your Huffingtom Post Example

Can you get an external link from the Huffington Post's home page? No! Its Moz DA and PA numbers are therefore essentially irrelevant for any practical use.

G used PageRank to calculate link values between pages. As there are no external links on HP's home page, whatever PageRank arrived at HP's home will first be shared across the 150+ internal links on the home page and then each 1/150th part will be shared across however many pages are linked from each of these content sub-categories.

G has indexed 1.8 million HP pages. The PageRank value to a 3rd party's web page from an Huffington Post article buried deep in the domain's bowels should be worth 3/5 of 5/8 of damn all by the time it passes the minute trickle of PageRank back to the linked 3rd party.

Are DA & PA Still Relevant in the Post RankBrain, Hummingbird Era?

The current problem for all the SEO tool companies is that they are now dealing with G's Hummingbird, RankBrain and thousands of algo changes implemented over the last year. I suggest they may no longer be able to make a relevant model on which to base their DA / PA number calculations.

Eg. Depending on the searcher's intent, G may implement different aspects of its algo - location based, shopping oriented results, query deserves freshness, secondary search word results, etc.

The useful days of DA and PA measuring tools may be numbered or over.

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees
    Last edited by JohnAimit; Aug 23rd, 2017 at 03:59 AM.
  21. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by JohnAimit

The useful days of DA and PA measuring tools may be numbered or over.
    So what are the factors/metrics that are more important than DA in determining the quality of a site in terms of its ability to pass link juice? (I'm a newbie here but aware that Google doesn't tell us that, so any responses are only opinions or guesses).
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by banyanman
    So what are the factors/metrics that are more important than DA in determining the quality of a site in terms of its ability to pass link juice? (I'm a newbie here but aware that Google doesn't tell us that, so any responses are only opinions or guesses).
    Whats factors are more important than Moz DA and PA ? I consider the following a base outline to even consider a site.
    You want to qualify a site for a sourcing a backlink....
    Ask these questions, any "Yes" answers disqualify the site immediately, in my opinion

1. Can anyone get a link from it, if Yes, not much quality there.
    2. Can you get multiple links from the site, if yes, not much quality either.
    3, Does the site have a tremendous quantity of Out Bound Links, if yes probably not much quality, there are few rare exceptions.
    4. Is it in a foreign language, if yes, probably not, again there are a few rare exceptions

You want to get links, write some quality content, I mean something really useful to people and that you are passionate about. Why the passionate part, it is because you will be knowledgeable and informed. So writing the content will be more of a hobby and not seem as work!
    People will link to it if is best of content and serves a useful purpose ! Those are the sites you need to target.

Understand this, Google has forced a lot of sites over the years to make links "nofollow", just like this forum, all links are "nofollow".

Probably the most dangerous, but if you are hell bent to rank....
    PBN's can work, but "BE VERY AWARE OF THE IMMINENT DANGERS" , at any time the site could just go "Poof".

All this depends on if you are in for a quick buck, or the long haul.

Since I work on small business sites I do not use PBN's for that reason. Not worth it to the client, and it damn sure is not worth my reputation.

Comments on this post

• JohnAimit agrees : Good advice!
    • Digital Marketeer : 2. Not true. Many reasons why you might get multiple links from a site. If HuffPo wants to link to you 10 times in a months, I doubt any of us would complain.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi Banyanman,

SEO is about attracting the maximum relevant site visitors via generic search and enticing them to take a desired action within the resources available.

The main reason SE traffic is lost is because many website owners do not answer all the relevant search questions posed by potential clients.

I recommend this short video:

I know it is old but it is still as valid today.

You may be able to attract all the new business you can manage without building a single new link.

Link building is the SEO strategy to be avoided if at all possible because it is the most dangerous, time consuming, ineffective and transient tactic you can employ.

PS. Domain authority is not a signal used by G. The tool developers do not claim it is either.
  27. SEO Since 97

Link building is still valaded but you better know what your doing or you'll sink your self very fast. Link building isnt all that's needed, all you need is the vote, don't try and get any more from it, use your sites structure and content for the rest.

Comments on this post

• JohnAimit agrees
  29. No Profile Picture

Thanks for those observations. I asked my question from the perspective of not a website owner, but a writer who is placing content on other sites for clients to secure backlinks. I'm writing quality, original content (I'm a retired journalist) and only seeking to place it on sites that I consider to be quality sites. I'm using pretty much the same criteria as you have listed. In addition, if I see any spun content or articles that contain bad grammar, I avoid those sites (because that's an indication that the site owner is not concerned about the quality of their content), and I certainly wouldn't use a site where content can be submitted without a thorough vetting or review process.

Thanks also for your advice about PBNs. I had read a lot of negative comments about those, so your advice only served to confirm what I had previously read. I'm definitely not doing this work for a quick buck. It's for the long haul for sure!
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page: