Thread: Link building

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Link building

I notmaly do all my own seo for my small company well I try anyway and we have been so busy over the past 12 months I've done nothing

A few other companies are creeping there way up the ranking

So just a quick question with all the updates and changes what's the link building methods in 2013

We have done in the past

Social media
    Article submissions
    Directory submissions
    Guest blogging

Please can some one let me know what's worth doing and no in 2013
    And also give me a few ideas If any other link building way I've missed

Are company is a local based pest control service so keep local in mind lol
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Well the good news is SEO is becoming more natural. The bad news, is SEO is becoming more natural.

Submissions sites have been seriously downgraded. Exact-match domains have lost link-juice. A lot of off-page SEO indicators have also slid.

I would say focus on relevant, quality content --- both on your own site and as a guest blogger (still very effective, maybe more so now). Social media is also a good bet. SE's are gung-ho on using social mentions as ways to measure quality of SERPs.

Also, if you haven't put yourself down on Google Maps for Local Business Searches and all that, then you should do that asap.

Comments on this post

• Shobhit Saxena agrees : Focus more on getting links from quality sites.
  5. No Profile Picture

Try to focus on listing your site in all relevant business directories.
    Google Local
    Bing Local
    Facebook Places
    Foursquare
    Top Niche Geo related directories.

as for the SEO:

Use the Social Media's
    Social Sharing sites
    Google+
    Top Business directories.
    Try to publish press releases on your niche related industry news
  7. No Profile Picture

If you have busy so you can to do seo with the freelancing

Comments on this post

• whiterabbit : respectfully, I'm not a fan of freelancers, unless there is a careful selection process...I recommend being very careful and selective about vendors that are chosen becuase it is very easy to catch the ire of google using just any freelancer
  9. justificational oblivion
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

It think guest blogging on real and relevant sites is a good practice. Also, try to get links and social citations from relevant communities in your niche. I think the key thing now with link development is to really invest in content to build up your linkable assets, so you can share that content across other platforms and communities for links. Also, check out what your competitors that are creeping up are doing...have hey beefed up their onpage or are they just pumping a bunch of anchor text links to their site in an obvious and non-tactful way?

I think that the key thing now is to invest more in good content than you have in the past and to invest into the work that goes into promoting it...on the other side of the coin, there are a couple easy wins for if you already have content assets, such as doing reverse image searches for your images and seeing if anyone ripped them and asking for link citations for image that they borrowed....etc..
    "...using this: sages act out of constructs but they do not rely on them"
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

1. Identify websites/blogs that can provide high quality backlinks
    2. Contact websmasters and tell them about your products/services and just wait and see.
    3. Set goals (e.g monthly link acquisition goal: 3 high quality backlinks/month)

Another way is to start using social media (despite the fact that most of them have the nofollow attribute)
  13. No Profile Picture

"There is no 2013 technique" and I guess u already did lot of offpage SEO. U have local business right?
    So do local listing, submission in local directories, create lucrative offers for your customers and yes ofcourse content create as much as informative as you can.
  15. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Why don't you try some real, actual link building with manually requested links on relative sites? Whoa!?
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  17. nobody
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I would stay away from article submission its waste of effort in writing content that won't have long term results.

I would invest that effort more in guest posting \ content marketing BUT I would be super careful with choosing anchor text.

Also, PRNewsWire and PRWeb both have good press release distros. Don't bank too much on press release but sometimes the links you get from press releases can help you a bit and also its a good linkbait if you indeed have a good newsworthy release.

For one of my clients , I got a link from Huffington Post because of that release BUT it was real news and HP was nice enough to link to it.

Also don't forget non spammy relevant forum links. Followed or nofollowed both help (IMHO)
    Data Oriented SEO is a way to go in modern SEO days.
    Sefati Consulting | Analytics Clarity