1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

latest posts on homepage

I have a website which is showing 4 latest posts on the homepage. Now each time I post a new article the sequence change at the homepage. Will this effect homepage ranking. Should I make the 4 articles fixed or it is Ok to keep them changing.
  3. Professional SEO

This has never concerned me. I do however think it has a slight impact on the ranking of the posts. As when a page 'falls off' the homepage, there will be a loss of link juice flowing to it.

Comments on this post

• Test-ok agrees
  5. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Originally Posted by DirectHits
    This has never concerned me. I do however think it has a slight impact on the ranking of the posts. As when a page 'falls off' the homepage, there will be a loss of link juice flowing to it.
    jandesigner01 asked a very good question so in that case what should be done?
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  7. Professional SEO

As Know One Special has pointed out, you need to be careful about your posts. When you make a post, you can help or hurt how you rank for other keywords. Once, I accidentally ranked amazingly well for an important keyword because of one blog post. When I made the next post, I LOST that ranking. So of course, I backtracked all my changes until I discovered what happened. In the end, I simply abandoned the blog. (Because that keyword was so important.) I kept the blog intact, with the links on the homepage, but just stopped making posts there. Instead, I moved to other blogs I used for that site for future posts.
    Last edited by DirectHits; Jan 9th, 2017 at 08:49 AM.
  9. Entrepreneur

Ok, but i was thinking for another aspects as i have mentioned at Website Blog and SEO
  11. Professional SEO

I think you make a lot of good points in your post. But there are still these points that I mention that can affect your ranking. The situation I am talking about, was using a static page Wordpress site with a widget to add blog posts. And I am not totally certain why it affects ranking. I was in a situation where my ranking became so good, and my client benefited so greatly, I really had to leave it alone as soon as I got the ranking back and allow them to make sales.
  13. Entrepreneur

In long run, If you want to rank permanently then you need backlinks for your site and your site blog in one of the assets of yours. So, you should utilize it but in your case, I totally agree with you as we have to be very careful about writing the website blog.
  15. Professional SEO

In the case I was describing, I don't actually have any backlinks to the blog. I do however have a lot of links to the main site.
  17. Entrepreneur

Originally Posted by DirectHits
    In the case I was describing, I don't actually have any backlinks to the blog. I do however have a lot of links to the main site.
    Then you were totally fine anything that is more important which is helpful for generating more business.