1. blog.brightonvibes.com
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Latest Google Change, New Look Adsense

Just logged in to find adsense overhauled.

Log into your accounts, agree to the new terms and conditions, and behold the new look.

Or you can see it here
    http://www.searchgrub.com/2005/07/14/new-look-adsense-accounts/

Dave
    Can you believe this site is powered by wordpress? : Hottogs.com
  3. Ditzy

So does somebody want to nutshell the terms and conditions?
    Looks like a wrap around because of the law suit.
  5. Go OSU Beavers!
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Yeah, I would have to agree. Atleast thats what it looks like from the additions.
    - Scott Fish, Director of SEO | SEO Blog | Tweet | Linkedin
    Doing SEO for Fortune 500 companies for the last 8 years.
  7. Ditzy

I like this part in section 11:

You shall receive a payment related to the number of valid clicks on and/or valid impressions of Ads displayed in connection with Your Site(s) as determined by Google for its participants in the Program.
    (I did the bold part)
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Comparison of old and new TOS by section

Old cached version of the TOS (March 8, 2005) is still on Google.
    http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache...ient=firefox-a

Comparison of old and new TOS by section:

# 1 OLD
    You represent that You are at least 18 years of age and agree that Google may serve third party and/or Google provided advertisements (such Google-served advertisements, collectively, "Ads"), related Google queries and/or Ad search box (collectively, "Links"), and Google Web and/or Site search results (collectively, "Search Results") in connection with the Web site(s) that You designate (each a "Site") using Google's advertising serving and search technology.
    #1 NEW
    You represent that You are at least 18 years of age and agree that Google may serve third party and/or Google provided advertisements (such Google-served advertisements, collectively, "Ads"), related Google queries and/or Ad search box (collectively, “Links”), and Google Web and/or Site search results (collectively, "Search Results") in connection with the Web site(s) that You designate and the Atom, RSS, or other feeds distributed through such Web site(s) (each such Web site or feed, a "Site")

#2 OLD
    All content-based Ads (and Ads served in response to end user clicks on and queries entered into Links, if any) shall be grouped by Google and displayed with Links (where applicable) to end users of the Site(s) as ad units (such groups of Ads and/or Links collectively referred to as "Ad Units") in standard formats as offered generally by Google from time to time, as may be described in the FAQ.
    #2 NEW
    All content and Site-based Ads (and Ads served in response to end user clicks on and queries entered into Links, if any) shall be grouped by Google and displayed with Links (where applicable) to end users of the Site(s) as ad units (such groups of Ads and/or Links collectively referred to as "Ad Units") in standard formats as offered generally by Google from time to time, as may be described in the FAQ.

#2 OLD
    In addition, You agree that while You may display more than one (1) Ad Unit on each Site Web page, You shall not display any Ad Unit on a page that contains Ads associated with another Google AdSense customer (e.g., Your Web hosting company), unless authorized to do so by Google or such other AdSense customer,
    #2 NEW
    In addition, You agree that while You may display more than one (1) Ad Unit on each Site Web page, You shall not display any Ad Unit on a page that contains Ads associated with another Google AdSense customer (e.g., Your Web hosting company), unless authorized to do so by Google.

#2 OLD
    If You have elected to receive content-based Ads, You further agree not to display on any Serviced Page any non-Google content-targeted advertisement(s).
    #2 NEW
    If You have elected to receive content or Site-based Ads, You further agree not to display on any Serviced Page any non-Google content-targeted advertisement(s).

#6 OLD
    In addition, Google reserves the right to terminate without notice any account that has not generated a sufficient number of valid clicks on Ads (as measured by Google) for a period of two (2) months or more.
    #6 NEW
    In addition, Google reserves the right to terminate without notice any account that has not generated a sufficient number of valid clicks on or valid impressions of Ads (as measured by Google) for a period of two (2) months or more.

#11 OLD
    You shall receive a payment related to the number of valid clicks on Ads displayed in connection with Your Site(s) as determined by Google for its participants in the Program.
    #11 NEW
    You shall receive a payment related to the number of valid clicks on and/or valid impressions of Ads displayed in connection with Your Site(s) as determined by Google for its participants in the Program.

#16 OLD
    Google may share non-personally-identifiable information about You, including Site-specific statistics………
    #16 NEW
    Google may share non-personally-identifiable information about You, including Site URLs, Site-specific statistics………

Comments on this post

• Wit agrees : now THAT is useful
    • toddieg agrees : thanks man. i read the 'new' rules but had no idea what was new about them. this sums it up!
    • GeoffreyF67 agrees : Hot diggity dog! That's great info!
    Last edited by DerekZ; Jul 14th, 2005 at 06:10 PM.
  11. afkf
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

i logged into adsense and noticed they had changed it all again i had to read the terms and conditions part blah blah blah ect again , and i was just getting used to the old one, this new set up looks a bit strange, i had only just inputted all my webpages to check by channel and now its unclear again, wonder what was wrong with the old system, who complained , common who was it hehehe, they didnt need to change .....
    well they just updated the pr so i guess they are keeping us on our toes
    Last edited by andy_f; Jul 14th, 2005 at 09:00 PM.
  13. SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Ignore this please, posted in wrong thread.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I like the new "look and feel", but prefer the old navigation.
  17. blog.brightonvibes.com

If your hit the next tab along you get the "old" navigation

They even mention that this was left there for those people that prefer it

The reason for all the changes is because of recent law suits and because adwords is also about to undergo an update as I reported a few weeks back. It just got made official via email this morning

http://www.searchgrub.com/2005/06/22/adwords-going-offline-and-google-interface-changes/

Dave
  19. Resident Black Hat
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by sunnymonkey
    Log into your accounts, agree to the new terms and conditions, and behold the new look.
    Mmmm...purdy!

G-Man