1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

keyword research

Hi I am here to know the best way for best keywords. When I am trying to find keyword for a niche I failed to get good search volume keywords.
    It is about 50-500 monthly search volume. I am not sure is it ok or not. Should I pick them? If not then how I would get more search volume keywords.
    I use google keyword planner,ubersuggest,kwfinder and some more tools.

I hope to get the best suggestion here.
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Said tools should work just fine. Learn to use them to drill down and separate the queries for info and queries for those ready to buy.

You can generate traffic if you target enough keywords that bring 50-500 search per month. 20 keywords that generate 500 visits a month is 10,000 visitors.
  5. No Profile Picture

Put your business related keywords on search engine box and see what are the suggestions. Pick the suggestions and try to catch, what others are using. It is also a good option to targeting your keywords.
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Nov 10th, 2017 at 06:18 PM. Reason: approved post
  7. Contributing User

The very first thing when you are going to do keywords research is what is your niche.
    for example, you are having a Chocolate website so definitely, the searches will be less (in India) and when you will check the search volume for the desired or high competitive keywords, obviously that will be less. But, if you are running a Travel Agency, competition is very high (not in India only but everywhere), so if you will check the search volumes for travel-related keywords are high.
    Put your keyword in the Google Keyword Planner and get the ideas for related keywords and also check the keywords by searching them on Google and see what results you will get.
    Also utilize the Google autocomplete feature and see what results are come.
  9. No Profile Picture

I published this guide <removed link> to free keyword research a while back that may help you workout competition.

Personally, I try to only go for keywords with over 150 searches per month, you have to remember that even if you rank in first place, you will only get around 35% of the listed monthly traffic for that particular keyword so 50 searches drops down to around 17.
    Last edited by Hikin Mike; Nov 12th, 2017 at 11:34 PM. Reason: removed link and warned
  11. No Profile Picture

I think 50-500 search volume is ok, in fact, it is still driving traffic so you can put these keywords to test and work upon them and observe if you can make them work for your site or not. If they dont give you expected results, you can change them.
  13. No Profile Picture

Hi! Yes, I think that's fine! But it's more about the keyword difficulty than the number of searches. Only focus on one to two keywords at a time. You will get results much faster!