1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

keyword ranking issues

hello, please help me what is the issues in my website I have a target low volume keyword there is no traffic Nevertheless my website not ranked on the first page. please help
    My site name is paramount pest control. co . in

Competitor

cos mopolitanpestcontrol . in/
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I really can't understand sometimes how the ranking works and I want to mention a real example...
    We have a kw with high volume in Australia --> 8.000volume and 267m results

At pos. 6 we have the competitor with a specific subpage and my website's related page is at position 21 (was in position 12 a few weeks ago)

Competitor has these attributes (also used Ahrefs):
    - no content text. only basic header, footer and games links
    - DR: 74 UR : 19
    - backlinks: 716
    - ref. dom: 22
    - kws :93

My website has:
    - content with 350words
    - DR: 73 UR : 18
    - backlinks: 984
    - ref. dom: 16
    - kws: 552

I think that the fact that my page has content+so many kws+more backlinks should give me a much better position.
    Any idea why it doesn't perform so well?
  5. Moderator
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Google is just not going to take a two page website seriously. Why would they choose your website for the best SERPs, when there will be others sites with dozens or more pages? They want content.

Also, I suggest you do not use PPC to abbreviate your name. PPC (Pay per click) is one of the biggest keywords in existence and you don't want the algorithm thinking one of your pages offers PPC services.

When you use an image to showcase content, Google cannot read the text. Always use (SE) readable text when possible.

Comments on this post

• KnowOneSpecial agrees : Excellent observation
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

I am going to address both of you folks with this post.

samit5607

Why do you have so many links from directories in England. You will never provide service there ? Then you have some very bad sites you have built links on. These just hurt your site in the long run !

I mean you get links from sites like teamfragdown.com/forums/informations/56673/pest-control-services-in-bareilly-pest-control-services-in-rampur-pest-control-services-in-moradabad
    It's a gaming site / forum. Again I ask "Why" ?

Best case is Google will ignore this link, but in all honesty, This is a toxic neighborhood site for you.

rastaviper

Just looking at the Ahref metrics you have posted... they give you a clue if you know how to interpret them. One of your issues is that you have basically 1000 links from 16 ip addresses.

That's an average of 62 links per domain. Just because Google no longer publishes PR, doesn't mean they have changed the formula for calculating it.

Let me explain. If you get a link from a site and that site is say a PR 3 site then if you get one link the value of that link is very close, maybe 2.89999 in value

Now lets take the same site, PR 3 / 62 Links === PR 0.043 so now you have diluted your juice.

This is like a Diamond cutter cutting a diamond, oops, I cut the stone the wrong way and it shattered, now the jewel is worthless. You now have a lot of little worthless pieces, in your case, links.

These metrics just show that quantity is not a substitute for quality.

Both of you need to consider how many other sites are also getting links from the same source. If I can go to any of the sites you get a link from and create one right now, everyone else probably has too.

Go get links from sources that are hard to get, so the average link builder will be dissuaded from even attempting to follow suit.

Link building is, has been, and will be "the downfall of many sites".

Just my opinion for what it's worth.

Comments on this post

• DirectHits agrees
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Apr 24th, 2019 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Spelling correction
    If you have never failed in your life, you have never achieved anything Noteworthy !
  9. Moderator

As always, an illuminating post KnowOne..

But I would like to discuss linkjuice with you sometime. My understanding of it may differ from your own. For example on a PR3 page, the link juice flowing is divided by the total number of internal and OBLs combined. If ten total links, your site would get 1/10 of the PR3. Is this your understanding?
  11. No Profile Picture

No problem. anytime, I keep my Skype always open to quite a few members here...

You and I, we're both be on the same page about how it is calculated.

I was keeping it basic and simple for the members, rastaviper and samit5607. I wanted to enlighten them a bit on some of the finer points of link acquisition.
  13. Moderator

Originally Posted by KnowOneSpecial
    You and I, we're both be on the same page about how it is calculated.

I was keeping it basic and simple for the members, rastaviper and samit5607. I wanted to enlighten them a bit on some of the finer points of link acquisition.
    Ok, Gotcha...
  15. No Profile Picture

First of all you need to choose the right audience and target location. And then build quality link by on relevant websites to achieve higher ranking. You also need to keep in mind the website you select doesn't have lot of outbound links.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

@KnowOneSpecial

I agree about your link juice comment and it's something that I keep in mind from the past.

But you have made no comment at all for the fact that the specific page of the competitor has 0 content and still manages to rank at a much higher position.
    So in this case, it seems that Google is giving more value to the links of this page has and don't care so much about the lack of content.
  19. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by rastaviper
    But you have made no comment at all for the fact that the specific page of the competitor has 0 content and still manages to rank at a much higher position.
    So in this case, it seems that Google is giving more value to the links of this page has and don't care so much about the lack of content.
    You're right I did not mention the "On-Page" aspects of the sites.

Since you have seen them, and you obviously think the page(s) are of low quality, I respect that. Me, I haven't seen them, so I can't really say, one way or the other.
  21. No Profile Picture

First please provide your keywords in which you are finding ranking issue after that we will analyse the issue and provide you the best on-page solution according to that keyword.
  23. No Profile Picture

You can add video ad through google ads and create video campaigns and ads with a range of video ad formats to engage more customers in different ways on < snip > and other platforms
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; May 16th, 2019 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Removed active link