1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Just Link Building is enough to get rankings in Search Engines?

Someone told me that by doing only link building we can get 1st page rankings on Search Engines. Is it right?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

It depends.

<irony>
    If you get a backlink on Google's homepage, one on Wikipedia's, one on Bing's and a few similar ones it would be hard for anyone to beat you. </irony>

If article spinning and trying to spam forums and blogs is what some believe to be link building than the answer is "No."

How about reading the stickies here? They answer most of the general questions like yours.

You might end up learning that although one might be more effective than the other regarding how high they can bring your website, on page optimization and link building work hand in hand - why do you need to be #1 if your website brings no value and turns users off right after entering your website?
  5. Live and Learn!
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Originally Posted by sbsindia
    Someone told me that by doing only link building we can get 1st page rankings on Search Engines. Is it right?
    once you have the on-page done and the website is well designed/structured/usable, then link building is the main way to gain that 1st ranking. What you need to understand is that link building falls under different sectors:

• Marketing/PR
    • Social Marketing
    • Approaching Webmasters
    • etc

But the point with all of these is that none can be achieved without some very good content that websites would like to link to. Just creating a page about a topic will not gain those links. What makes your page more special than all the other pages about that topic.

You need to consider all of these things when link building, but essentially yes link building is the primary way of gaining that 1st result, but i would not call it link building anymore, more like inbound marketing which is the general consensus these day.
  7. learn from lurking
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

yeah it really depends. If your on-page is good it might work, and if also you get alot of good quality links..
  9. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

It depends and it'll be a long process. You also need to make sure that your site's contents and articles are all informative.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Hi,
    I want to share here my own experience. During the optimization process, i first prefer onpage seo activities(quality content writing, keyword density, proximity, meta-tag preparation, site-map generation and submission in web master tool, etc.), as these activities are really helpful for search engine to find out your site and get indexed by it, after that i concentrate more on gaining quality back-links that we can say link building strategy.

If you perform both activities, then your keywords not only get high rank but also stand their for long time.

Mobile Application Development and iPhone Application Development