Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture

Jumping Betweeb 18 - 24

4 of my keywords are jumping between 18 to 24 .. doesn't go up anymore, Guide me what can be the issue,
    what needs to be done?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

content issue might be affected
  5. No Profile Picture

Please elaborate i am a begineer..
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

What it means is that at least 17 other sites provide a better answer than your site does. Google is not really that stupid or dumb.

Writing better content is probably the solution, provided you have no technical errors your your site. But we don't know anything about your site do we. This is just a best guess with what you have provided.
  9. No Profile Picture

My keyword is kung fu classes in Kolkata

and the URL is kung-fu.in/kung-fu-classes-kolkata and Please check and guide!
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; May 19th, 2018 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Removed active link
  11. No Profile Picture

How do you check the keyword placement?
  13. No Profile Picture

Use SemRush or any Ranktracker
  15. No Profile Picture

Thank you for prompt reply! Does any free keywords checker site exists?
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

i agree with above answers
  19. No Profile Picture

I would suggest you remove the hypen in your usage of the term kung-fu in your content and just use kung fu.
    Google treats them as separate words. All the rest of the world uses kung fu.

Now I will also mention your link building is going to harm your site. Let me explain.

Why are you posting your link in your sig on the following sites ?

forums.hostsearch.com

hostingforum.ca

These sites are about hosting services and solutions. Nobody on these sites are interested in kung fu classes. Do you think Google doesn't know you are trying to manipulate the serps !! Believe me when I tell you that Googles knows what you are doing and has automated algorithms to deal with this "LINK SPAM"

Now you know what is wrong, go fix things before they get any worse, and that includes stopping your link building via forum sig links which is part of your problem.

Oh and know this ... I gave you the benefit of the doubt and now I know you were trying to build a few links here. Notice I have removed all of them. Now I know different. My response will be more definitive and severe the next time you try to build a backlink from here.

I am going to steal a line from KernalPanic.....

Your are absolutely "Clueless" when it comes to building backlinks.
  21. No Profile Picture

use ranktrackerfrom semrush free
  23. No Profile Picture

Thanks for the reply I am not trying to steal any backlink from anybody, and thanks for removeing the link, What i thought is if i include the link like earlier it solves 3 things at once 1. gives you the keyword+ landing page, 2. gives me a link .Thanks for pointing out. One more thing how do i find out the links that are harmful??
  25. No Profile Picture

evan

All links on this forum are "NoFollow" they count for nothing. No one here is looking for kung fu lessons. They are looking for SEO instruction. So posting links on any forum is basically a bad idea. There are exceptions to every rule.

1. If anyone can post a "DoFollow" link on a forum, then that forum is basically "Poison" and is harmful.
    2. If you must post links on forums only post links on forums that discuss "Self-defense" or "Jujitsu" or "Kung Fu" etc, etc. Not here on SeoChat or those forums discussing hosting solutions. They are no in any way relevant to your site.

How to find your bad backlinks... That is the difficult part.

Ask yourself a few questions..
    Is the site that is providing the back link relevant to my site. Should this site actually be linking back to my site. (be honest with yourself here). So should hostingforum.ca be linking back to you, obviously "No" that site is about hosting problems and solutions, not about Self-defense !

Can anyone get a link from this site, if they can, that is a bad site to get a link from in the first place. It also means every wanna be webmaster will be posting a link to their site and all it generates is link spam.

Go read all the threads here concerning the pitfalls and blunders of link building.

Especially Read Chedders article >>>>> Backlinking 101: Backlinks in 2018

Now I will help you out some here ....see these links get rid of all the ones that are highlighted, notice they are all "DoFollow" and on non-related forums.

27. No Profile Picture

First of All ... let me thank you for taking the time for writing & explaining all these. Now i do have few more things to ask.
    1. These links are not showing in my webmaster tools, so when they show up will disavvowing them will be good?
    2. My keywords kung-fu and kung fu both are ranking in same position in google, do you still recommend removing the "-"
    3. I have build few past links from blogspot,medium web 2.0 and they are showing up in my webmaster tools, should i remove or disavow them?
    4. My site is relatively new if i stop doing eveything will it improve my ranking over time?

Let me thank again for taking the time to reply, Thanks wholehartedly.
  29. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by evansourav
    These links are not showing in my webmaster tools, so when they show up will disavvowing them will be good?
    Google is known to not show all the links pointing to your sight, so don't expect them to ever show up. You need third party tools to find most of your links. I don't have access to your google accounts yet I found these links.

My keywords kung-fu and kung fu both are ranking in same position in google, do you still recommend removing the "-"
    Here you need to do some A/B testing to see which performs better. Do some research to figure which has the better traffic, but I do believe "kung fu" will be the winner, but test it so you learn.

I have build few past links from blogspot,medium web 2.0 and they are showing up in my webmaster tools, should i remove or disavow them?
    That is a difficult question to answer. Here you need to examine the sites pointing the links at you and determine if they are good or bad. Do back link research on those sites to see if they are bad or not. If the site fall in to the bad category, you should remove them, if not Keep them. Great thing about the disavow tool is you can test the links by adding them and if you rankings go down you removed good links and you need to remove them from the disavow file. This is not quick and easy, but a lot of tedious and laborious work.

My site is relatively new if i stop doing everything will it improve my ranking over time?
    No it will not. The damage has already been done and you need to implement damage control on your backlink profile. Meaning if you do nothing at all, nothing will improve. But you need to stop building links till you have removed the bad ones. Then learn the caveats of link building and proceed from there.

Note that you were building links for some time, all was going well, then Bang, your site got slapped.. Based on that I would go back and note the date that this happened. All links that you built before that date are "Extremely Suspect" that is where I would start. Also any links you built after that just muddle up the statistics. You may need to farm this work out.

You will need third party tools for this. Do not rely upon Google to provide your backlink data for you. Google only provides a sampling of your links.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: