1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Intl SEO Purposes: au.domain.com vs domain.com.au ?

Hi,

For intl SEO purposes; what setup is better to have? Just using a sub-domain (e.g. au.domain.com) for specific countries or using country specific domain extension (e.g. domain.com.au)?

I was leaning towards using "domain.com.au" then redirecting this domain to my "au.domain.com" site...thoughts?

Thank you!
  3. Seo Control Panel
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

For international marketing '.com' domain is right choice. Use 'com.au' for Australian market, it will be better than au.domain.com
  5. No Profile Picture

ya correct com.au is better than au.domain.com
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by seopanel
    For international marketing '.com' domain is right choice. Use 'com.au' for Australian market, it will be better than au.domain.com
    au.domain.com refers to sub domain , which means person think that this is the sub domain and not so important and serious one. Whereas .com.au is considered to be the good domain as related to subdomain coz it falls as proper domain name.
    .com.au is better than au.domain.com , It's Permanent, Classy, Costlier, this means people will take it more seriously for a start up company.
  9. Live and Learn!
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

It depends entirely on your company and what you want to achieve. You need to consider who your market audience is. Some countries do not trust domains outside of the TLD that was created for their country, especially when they are purchasing (so ecommerce it is essential). So France (.fr) for instance is one such country. They would rather a .fr tld and would trust it more.

There are pros and cons to each option (the link juice would be shared across all markets on the same .com domain for instance), but if I had the choice, I would use the com.au. The problem is the cost of using separate tlds and having to build links and market each domain separately.