1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Internal Anchor text links - is it worth it ?

Hello everyone,

I'm planning to add about 700 small articles ( 200 words each ) on my website. I'm thinking to put an anchor text link at the end of each article that will point to the homepage
    Example: <a href="http://homepage.com">Anchor text</a>

My question is, if that's something that makes sense and if that will be good or bad for my website ( I'm new to SEO ).

Also, I'd like to know if I should publish all 700 articles at once or should I publish a certain amount each week?

Should I have meta tags optimization for each static page ( article ) or no ?

Thanks in advance
  3. Yeah, baby! I'm BAD.
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

There are two approaches here:

1. Do these links help your visitors? You may put a link saying "read other articles about great widgets at www.superwidgets.com" to direct the readers to other part of content. This way the link will serve the needs of your visitors and certainly will have some value.

2. Do these links help SEO? This depends on the amount of link juice each article has and the quality of each article. Are they automatically written? Are they copy-pasted from another resource? Are they duplicate each other or some other website content? Or maybe they are good copies written with respect to both search engines and human readers? Depending on your answers the SEO value of such links may vary.
  5. Poker Chick
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by montauto
    I'm planning to add about 700 small articles ( 200 words each ) on my website. I'm thinking to put an anchor text link at the end of each article that will point to the homepage
    Example: <a href="http://homepage.com">Anchor text</a>

My question is, if that's something that makes sense and if that will be good or bad for my website ( I'm new to SEO ).

Also, I'd like to know if I should publish all 700 articles at once or should I publish a certain amount each week?

Should I have meta tags optimization for each static page ( article ) or no ?
    Sounds like a blog vs. a static site?

If your overall navigation doesn't take you to the home page on every page, then there is something inherently wrong in the design. If your home page link is at the top of every page (which it should be) along with other navigation, then I would prefer a top of page link at the bottom so they could choose to go somewhere besides the home page. Or, Similar Article link would be nice.

If your site is a blog, I would post one a day. I would only optimize and post pages that have best of the web content on them. Those are the pages most likely to get link backs and worth the effort. Sites with content for content's sake a dime a dozen and the pages can be found in Google's supplemental index. Not where you want your hard work to end up.
    Frankly, I wonder who Frank is and why he has his own adverb.
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by devil's_brother
    There are two approaches here:

1. Do these links help your visitors? You may put a link saying "read other articles about great widgets at www.superwidgets.com" to direct the readers to other part of content. This way the link will serve the needs of your visitors and certainly will have some value.
    The answer here it should be Yes. The articles are for specific make and model of different cars and the link is pointing to our car shipping calculator where the user/customer can get his shipping price if he needs a car transport.

2. Do these links help SEO? This depends on the amount of link juice each article has and the quality of each article. Are they automatically written? Are they copy-pasted from another resource? Are they duplicate each other or some other website content? Or maybe they are good copies written with respect to both search engines and human readers? Depending on your answers the SEO value of such links may vary.
    This articles are going to be on my website and most likely nobody will link to them ( outside ). The articles are written by person, no duplicates found on copyscape com, however the information about each vehicle is not something new to the world, so I don't know if they are going to be of a great value.

Mike
  9. Tag44 Staffing Firm
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Well definitely post the article per day, otherwise it looks spam.
  11. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Originally Posted by tag44
    Well definitely post the article per day, otherwise it looks spam.
    Really? I would like you to defend this position. Explain how it looks like spam.

This articles are going to be on my website and most likely nobody will link to them ( outside ). The articles are written by person, no duplicates found on copyscape com, however the information about each vehicle is not something new to the world, so I don't know if they are going to be of a great value.
    Just because your content individually is not anything new to people, does not mean your content as a whole isn't either. You could be the first to do something a certain way. That could potentially make you link worthy.

If something is part of a whole, do not judge it individually.
  13. Poker Chick
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by jsteele823
    Just because your content individually is not anything new to people, does not mean your content as a whole isn't either. You could be the first to do something a certain way. That could potentially make you link worthy.

If something is part of a whole, do not judge it individually.
    Wholeheartedly agree. You could "become the expert" and the go-to site. A collection of unique content would, in my book, fall under best of the web content.

I was curious about the "spam" comment, too. Lots of sites are developed offline and 100s of pages loaded all at once. So that comment didn't make sense to me.

Comments on this post

• jsteele823 agrees
    Last edited by JBacchi; Aug 5th, 2009 at 10:22 AM. Reason: add comment about spam