1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Integrate RSS from other site?

I have a website, and i need to post latest updates regarding my services on my website day-by-day. So i am going to RSS feed. Is it any possible to integrate RSS from other site to my site?

For ex., xyz.com is my site and i'll integrate with abc.com site. Now the people updates blog on abc.com, in this case can i get same blog post on my website automatically?

And one more doubt is.. If i am doing like this, is it affect my site traffic?
  3. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Of course you can use a RSS feed to populate your website with content, however you must also bear in mind that its someone else's content so there will be a duplication issue.
    Hard to say if that will effect your ranking in a negative way but Google of late have come down hard on sites that contain no or little original content.

For example, many sites offer a weather service, they would not be penalised for doing this even though the content is not original and was being feed from a different site but it is there as a service to the other content being supplied by the webmaster.

If your site just contains copied content or the vast majority is copied then google will drop you like a stone and to be honest so they should, it serves no purpose and is not anything unique that cannot be found elsewhere.
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Crawler: Screaming Frog | Free SSL: Cloudflare | Backlinking 101: Backlinking 101
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Chedders
    Of course you can use a RSS feed to populate your website with content, however you must also bear in mind that its someone else's content so there will be a duplication issue.
    Hard to say if that will effect your ranking in a negative way but Google of late have come down hard on sites that contain no or little original content.

For example, many sites offer a weather service, they would not be penalised for doing this even though the content is not original and was being feed from a different site but it is there as a service to the other content being supplied by the webmaster.

If your site just contains copied content or the vast majority is copied then google will drop you like a stone and to be honest so they should, it serves no purpose and is not anything unique that cannot be found elsewhere.
    Thank you for the replying.. The site will effect by copied content is okay..

And i need answer for another one question, Is it possible to integrate my site to another one site?
  7. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

So its ok for your site to be negatively effected ?

As for can you integrate your site into a different one then sure you can, its the same process as you integrating someone else's content into yours. Produce a RSS feed and for them to use it.
    If your asking how to force a website to show your content then that's hacking and your on the wrong site for that.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Chedders
    So its ok for your site to be negatively effected ?

As for can you integrate your site into a different one then sure you can, its the same process as you integrating someone else's content into yours. Produce a RSS feed and for them to use it.
    If your asking how to force a website to show your content then that's hacking and your on the wrong site for that.
    No, i am not ready to do that.. But i want to know it is possible or not.. Thanks for replying..