Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Important factor of On Page SEO:Keyword Density

Hi guys...............................
    Keywords are the most important factors of Search engine optimization. Other side keyword density is significant fact of on Page SEO.
    Keyword density is the percentage of times a keyword or phrase appears on a web page compared to the total number of words on the page. In the context of search engine optimization keyword density can be used as a factor in determining whether a web page is relevant to a specified keyword or keyword phrase.

(Number of repeats of the keyword / total number of words on the page) * 100 = Keyword Density

<snip>

Comments on this post

• ClickyB : Post this back in 1998 when keyword density really did matter :roll:
    Last edited by NathanielB; Aug 15th, 2012 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Fake sig removed
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

So, having said that how many times should a keyword appear? Hasn't this changed with the Panda update?

Comments on this post

• ClickyB : (0) No change with Panda update... Ideal density is still between 0% & 100% :lol!:
  5. No Profile Picture

Wink

Originally Posted by starthinklone
    Hi guys...............................
    Keywords are the most important factors of Search engine optimization. Other side keyword density is significant fact of on Page SEO.
    Keyword density is the percentage of times a keyword or phrase appears on a web page compared to the total number of words on the page. In the context of search engine optimization keyword density can be used as a factor in determining whether a web page is relevant to a specified keyword or keyword phrase.

(Number of repeats of the keyword / total number of words on the page) * 100 = Keyword Density

-------------------------------------------------------------
    In ON-Page, it doesn't mean that how much your keyword is repeated in content but, How smartly you have used keyword in your content. Smartly mean at important places is your keyword is coming.

Like in Headings, HyperLinks, Bold content
    Last edited by dzine; Sep 5th, 2012 at 05:02 AM. Reason: fake sig removed from quote
  7. Here to help
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Just for sh**s and giggles....

Example A

Elite Wood Fence company will build you a top quality wood fence. The wood fence material we use is of the highest wood fence quality. Every wood fence we build we stand behind. Get your wood fence built by master wood fence craftsmen.

Now that is thin, very thin, spammy and can you guess what keyword I stuffed there.

Example B

Elite Wood Fence Co. has been in the fencing industry for 25 years. We guarantee our fence construction for 2 years. Now only do we construct using wood, but you can choose from aluminum, chain link and vinyl fencing material. Our specialy is wooden privacy fences. Give us a call to day, Free Estimates.

You guys see the difference?

In the second I targeted
    wood fence, fencing industry,wooden privacy fences, wood aluminum, chain link and finally vinyl fencing material

On that note, have a good day and good luck.

Comments on this post

• ferminbee agrees : Good post!
    • dzine agrees : Nice one :)
    Here to Help, Nothing More.....
    Good SEO isn't Cheap and Cheap SEO isn't Good !!
  9. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

UTTER RUBBISH!!!

Anyone that listens to newbies trying to promote keyword density is going to end up in a world of ****!

OP have a read of this http://www.seomoz.org/blog/perfectin...e-optimization Note the bit that says
    Keyword Density - A complete myth as an algorithmic component, keyword density nonetheless pervades even very sharp SEO minds. While it's true that more usage of a keyword term/phrase can potentially improve targeting/ranking, there's no doubt that keyword density has never been the formula by which this relevance was measured.
    Which then links to this http://www.miislita.com/fractals/key...imization.html. Have a read and then tell me you still wrongly think that keyword density is going to help you rank!

Write your content for your visitors to make it interesting and engaging for them, don't worry about the keywords or amount of keywords 'you thing google wants to see' because google is not interested in how many times you do or don't say xyz keywords per page, google IS interested in offering the best content at the top of its results!

Like I said read both of those links because I'm not going to rewrite what you should be doing to rank, those links with explain why KD is a myth and what you should be doing to better your on page optimisation.
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  11. No Profile Picture

I think its like 12% of the entire content and yes if its on page it would really matter in its title, heading1 & 2.

Comments on this post

• ClickyB : (0) Don't guess at a percentage... you will be wrong (no ideal density means no percentage figure is correct).
  13. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Funny post of the day:
    Originally Posted by thelazytrader
    There is no ideal keyword density. Anyone who says otherwise is lying to you.
    Then in the NEXT SENTENCE:
    Originally Posted by thelazytrader
    Shoot for a percentage somewhere between 2 and 7%. If your density is on the higher end of that range, then consider changing some instances of your keyword to target slightly different keyword variations.
    IOW: "There is no ideal, only liars say there is... but the ideal is..."

That kind of thinking [where you get your target phrase and 'shoehorn' it in] is very 'primitive SEO'. Write for the READERS... but - if you find you haven't used the term you are targeting, then don't 'add it a few times', FIRST OF ALL: question whether you are 'targeting' the right term or are even qualified to write the content.

If the words you use in your content don't match the ones you want to target, maybe the content has to be written using the language the reader will use, understand, and therefore search for and link to.

This is where expertise/experience in the subject matter will put the expert writer well ahead of the website who hires a 'content writer'. The real expert will know their subject and their customer and therefore create the attractive content that will not only include the relevant terms but convert the customer (as opposed to confuse/frustrate them) and attract the links - the 'keyword dense' copy falls short on all counts.

Sure there are a few exceptions where the term won't naturally appear (such as where the searcher will leave out words - but in such cases you REALLY don't want them repeated all over the place - such as 'Plumber West Belfast'), but that's where I'd start - good, useful, well researched/understood content.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by NathanielB
    UTTER RUBBISH!!!
    Just out of interest, why don't you delete threads like this, which clearly soil this forum? In fact, I can imagine not everyone scrolls down to realize this post was BS.

Comments on this post

• JBacchi agrees
    • ClickyB agrees : It's good to have the argument refuted by senior members... And hopefully the agree/disagree comments will stop people from getting the wrong message :lol!:
    Last edited by samdds; Aug 16th, 2012 at 11:18 AM.
  17. SEO Insultant
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by samdds
    Just out of interest, why don't you delete threads like this, which clearly soil this forum? In fact, I can imagine not everyone scrolls down to realize this post was BS.
    If I deleted every post/thread that's rubbish, there would be less than 20% left. If every mod would do the same, this place would grow stale very quickly.

Maybe it's up to us all, regulars, to broadcast to everyone what is good SEO and what is not. Which needs clear examples of 'what is not good SEO' IMHO....

Comments on this post

• NathanielB agrees : Exactly!
  19. Here to help

Originally Posted by dzine
    If I deleted every post/thread that's rubbish, there would be less than 20% left. If every mod would do the same, this place would grow stale very quickly.

Maybe it's up to us all, regulars, to broadcast to everyone what is good SEO and what is not. Which needs clear examples of 'what is not good SEO' IMHO....
    Good Point, besides I need a laugh every now and then ! Makes my day go by easier (the laugh)
  21. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by dzine

Exactly! We need to leave some BS posts, as sam puts, it to keep the forums alive because without them it would just be the top members left to talk about google updates and that's pretty much it lol
  23. No Profile Picture

Keyword density is defined as percentage of keyword appears on a page when compared to total number of words on the page.It is calculated using a formula.

<snip>
    Last edited by dzine; Sep 5th, 2012 at 05:03 AM. Reason: sig
  25. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Onpage optimization

Hello,
    In Onpage Optimization, keyword density effectively matters, you should use 3% to 4% keywords in content and also use LSI method for content, means use alternative words or synonyms for main keywords in-content.

Comments on this post

• samdds
    • ClickyB : Didn't you read the previous comments? There is NO ideal KW density.
  27. Here to help

To keep Clickyb from having a stroke (just kidding), let me suggest this to all out there comtemplating "Ideal Keyword Density"

The ideal density, if there is one, can be determined very simply.
    1. Search your keyword in Google.
    2. Make a list of all the sites in the top 10
    3. Analyize each of those site and calulate the density of said keyword for each site.
    4. Now average that all together and you have a place to start.

Once you have done this, you now have the ideal keyword density for said search term. Notice here I didn't quote a specific percentage. Why? There just isn't one!

The ideal, is what is working on the net right now, this very moment, and is also affected by other things.

Those other things consist of an unknown number of metrics, we call this the google ranking algo. Thought to consist of over 200 individual metrics.

In addition to all that there are links, yes links to consider, and they do play a big part.

So listen to Clickyb, otherwise be a d*mn fool and chase a ghost! Also become lunch for the Zoo, you know the Panda and Penguin known to be running loose on the internet! Cause if you're chasing KWD I would bet you're chasing links and posting content wrong as well!

( sorry Clickyb, just it looked and sounded as if you were frustrated )

Comments on this post

• ClickyB agrees : Nice summary... (I wasn't frustrated BTW, I just wanted to make the point and prevent what samdds feared from happening) :D
    Last edited by DMN Webmaster; Sep 8th, 2012 at 10:40 AM.
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

From our experience, including more LSI keywords has become far more important than keyword density; for good reason too, usually results in very well crafted articles/content.

Comments on this post

• Test-ok agrees
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: