1. No Profile Picture

Impact of Different TLD's

Hi Mates,

We are planning to launch country specific TLD's for our official website singsys.com for example in India we will launch singsys.co.in and so on, for different countries.
    Could you please help us ensure the pros and cons for the same?

We will keep the design same but we will update well SEO optimized content for TLD specific.

Please advise,
    Thanks
    Last edited by Test-ok; Aug 16th, 2017 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Live link
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

What ever path you choose to take, registering all the domains for the sites that you want to go after is a good call. Having the websites on different domains is OK but you want to be able to drive links to all of the different presences....some smaller websites that do not have global online PR to help get links to the international site varients opt for placing the international versions of websites on subdirectories.. for example singsys.com/in , for india - in addition to placing the content in subfolders, don't forget to set international targets in google search console, and apply hreflang markup... hope this helps!
    "...using this: sages act out of constructs but they do not rely on them"
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I'm not sure about different TLD's because I'm in the States and don't work with those. But even here there are a lot more TLD's available. In particular I'm seeing a lot more .io.

The thing is, when I want to know what Google thinks, I just search Google and look at the competition. I do local SEO in the States, and all the competition is still using .com, .net, and .org. So that's what I use.

It could help you to search Google for the keywords you want to rank for and see what the top search results are doing, then just do that. If your competitors are switching to .in then do that, but if they aren't maybe rethink your strategy.

Good luck.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hi Websri India,
    G's answer to setting different country TLDs starts here:

You can have identical content or TLD specific content as long as you "tell" G what country you are targeting with your ".com" domain.

Comments on this post

• KnowOneSpecial agrees