1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Talking If i make 5 social profiles for each site i have will they rank?

as in fb, twitter, goog plus, twitter, digg, tumbler.......... should i do it to rank??? will it work anyone have experience?

Comments on this post

• johnmessy agrees : Not necessary. its not matter. it you have a good content and likes that will matter. from these your site rank will approve.
  3. No Profile Picture

Ranking

Originally Posted by Camillion
    as in fb, twitter, goog plus, twitter, digg, tumbler.......... should i do it to rank??? will it work anyone have experience?
    Not Necessarily, it depends on what words, activities you do and are people talking about you.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Banned

You will not rank unless you have likes, followers and content.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Social sharing, likes, retweets, google plus 1s play important role in SEO but you have to work on On-page SEO and link building from high authority sites is also an important part of SEO strategy to rank higher in search engine result pages
  9. nobody
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Never look at social media as a means to rank but to add values to your users. There is no ROI. Even if you see a little boost, it's not worth it. However if you do social media for sake of social media promotion and adding value to your users, then you can get good ROI on your marketing and one of its side effects is that you may rank a little.
    Data Oriented SEO is a way to go in modern SEO days.
    Sefati Consulting | Analytics Clarity
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Camillion
    The truth is that, all social networks does not influence your sites ranking but they can influence on your sites traffic. The only thing that can make your site to rank well is the quality of your content as well as links.
  13. No Profile Picture

its not necessary . do lot of social bookmarking, directory submission,gueust blogging.

Comments on this post

• Adam.W : Absolutely not
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

You can get the social profiles to rank for branded phrases. This is a good strategy for reputation management.

As for getting the profiles themselves to rank for non-branded phrases, it's not worth your time. However, as bkseo and LizzieThompson both said above, social media is for connecting with your consumer directly and on familiar ground. Think of Facebook, Twitter, etc like a public park and your site as the house of someone you've only met a few times. They'll appreciate the decor at your house, but at the park they just want to have fun. However, they'd be more likely to come over if you make a good impression when you meet at the park.

Many more followers = more trust = some more traffic = a few more sales. It's a drawn out process, but one that is increasingly necessary.
  17. No Profile Picture

I'm a flabadoodling idiot who thought I could copy paste text from another site into this post, plus have it be completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand, and expected to get away with it. Moderator GabrielG caught me, spanked me, and banned me to the netherwebs.
    Last edited by GabrielG; Sep 2nd, 2014 at 06:33 AM.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Originally Posted by Congloy
    The truth is that, all social networks does not influence your sites ranking but they can influence on your sites traffic. The only thing that can make your site to rank well is the quality of your content as well as links.
    No doubt, it is correct quote. Tha main idea of SMM(social media marketing) is in traffic, brending and new custumers and only a little part is a bit affecting the ranking.