1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question How Would You Spend 10K...

I mean to promote a site... Say you have a "New" site that's getting a solid 8k visits a month..

Site is about 2 1/2 yrs old...

If you have an extra 10K in cash to spend, what would you do to promote this website and have the rankings improve exactly?

Just curious...

Thanks very much!
  3. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Paid search from an adwords professional that understands conversion optimization

Comments on this post

• Digital Marketeer agrees
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Paid Search is definitely the way to go if your goal is to appear in the SERP right away. However, if your strategy is more long term (SEO), and you want to improve your organic rankings, then I'd look into some link building. It's the #1 ranking factor for the last 3 years, based the last 3 annual case studies from Moz: https://moz.com/blog/local-search-ra...y-results-2017.

Fat Joe is a service I've used, I've also used AvaLaunch & PointBlankSEO. They do good work.

Lastly, if you decide to try link building, start with a scholarship. Easiest & most cost effective way to build links.
    Last edited by Test-ok; Jul 17th, 2017 at 04:45 PM.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I would hire a program and reconstruct the site with a new and up to date web design, and then make it user and mobile friendly. And then I would hire excellent writer to provide me with good contents on certain keywords that I would want to rank for. Since I know SEO, I can do my own keyword research. Writing is exhausting, so I'd outsource that one. I'll continue to do backlinking on quality sites. I'd manage different forum, bookmarking sites, and web 2.0 sites. I'd also manage social media sites where I can promote my site and its contents for free.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Depends on what you're working on and your end goal is for that website.

What do you want to do with your new site to make the $10k worth the spend for your return?

I might get the site audited first by a professional to see where it needs work the most before doing anything else to make smart spending.

"what would you do to promote this website and have the rankings improve exactly?"

I might just hire an SEO to get them to find and add links into it to it that would help improve rankings.

Comments on this post

• Doodled agrees : Most sensible answer here because the question was too vague
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

In a strip club maybe? haha
  13. No Profile Picture

Spent on advertising on Facebook.
  15. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Hire KernalPanic

Pay him 8k and take the other 2k and go on a vacation.

I am serious....
  17. Contributing User

I agree with everyone else, if you need to immediately appear, I would start with paid search...this data can also be useful to identify high value terms for SEO, which as other members mentioned is more of a long game...here would be my rough break down for the budget

$1,000 - $2,000 - site improvement budget
    I would use 2k for content creation and a little bit of dev time (if you don't have on site dev) to make some strategic improvements..I would create content that I could for SEO and that I can also test as PPC landing pages.

$7,000 - $8,000 - distribution budget
    This would be my distribution budget, if you go the paid route, this would obviously be spentin adwords. If you go the organic route, this would be used for content creation, pitching, link building, depending on the mix of resources you already have in-house...

$500 - $1,000 - Test budget
    As far as other ad channels, I would take about $1,000 and use it as a test budget for other platforms - depending on if you're B2C or B2B, I would try Facebook Ads or LinkedIn Ads. This budget can also be used for any SEO tests / PPC tests you wanna run
    "...using this: sages act out of constructs but they do not rely on them"