Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

How would you build links to this page?

Hi i have ecommerce store and currently we are looking to build links to category pages.
    What are some natural ways to build links to a page like this?

Our SEO agency has done guest posting and forums but these are not natural link building methods and against Google policy.

Any suggestions on how to build natural links to these pages?

Cheers.
    Last edited by Test-ok; Aug 8th, 2017 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Live link
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

By going natural, By using text links like here, read more, more information. What someone might do natural. You let your site cover the key words, phrases.

Added: And you should fire your seo agency, sounds like they have done enough damage.
    Last edited by Test-ok; Aug 8th, 2017 at 01:14 AM.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi test-ok when you say "By going natural, By using text links like here, read more, more information. What someone might do natural. You let your site cover the key words, phrases" yeah but what types of links are you suggesting here?
  7. SEO Since 97

A link is a link.
    What does your seo agency say?
    I find it extremely odd that you have an seo agency and your asking questions about seo, what are you paying an agency for?

Comments on this post

• sksharma agrees
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google's Definition for the Natural link is Natural links to your site develop as part of the dynamic nature of the web when other sites find your content valuable and think it would be helpful for their visitors.
    So, according to me it a simple link that helps visitors and does not spam the post or website content too.
  11. No Profile Picture

Only content marketing and blogging can helps to get natural links. Write unique and quality content and share it on regular basis on your blog and others blog. Apart from that article marketing is also a good process for getting natural links for your website.

Hope these points will help...
  13. Contributing User

Natural Links, isn't it strange to hear? Natural means that happens itself. So how Article marketing helps in this?
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

there's nothing wrong with guest and forum postings if done right. why would you suggest this?
  17. SEO Since 97

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    A link is a link.
    What does your seo agency say?
    I find it extremely odd that you have an seo agency and your asking questions about seo, what are you paying an agency for?
    I'm still waiting for your answer to my questions here novatronic. We have been answering all your questions, now it's your turn.
  19. No Profile Picture

He's right,

I too would like to hear the answer.

It also sounds like the SEO agency isn't really delivering and he's skeptical or he's trying to go and do his own SEO.
  21. SEO Since 97

Lets get this answered before moving fdw.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I don't quite understand how its odd to ask this question?

Anyway, we are looking to take the SEO activity in house, so looking to understand other link building tactics as guest posting to ecommerce category based pages.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Novatronic,

I'm probably the best person you can ever talk to about link building, including the do's and don'ts. I'm not trying to be arrogant, but the bar isn't set very high here. Most of the people on here look at link building as a manipulative practice that will get you penalized. That's because of how it was done in the past, but at this point, it's an old wive's tale, as they say. As long as you know what quality, relevant links look like, you can even guest post. (BTW, forum posting no longer works. There is no right way to do it.)

For example, I helped link build for several insurance companies at one point. I was able to build a relationship with Zillow (one of the most popular sites for home buyers and sellers in the US, DA 93), that let them do guest posting once a month on all things related to home insurance, and they're followed links. You really think the guys on here wouldn't give their left nut for a guaranteed followed Zillow.com link every month?

All of that being said, are you a brand or just a reseller? If you're a brand of any sort, and your company is mentioned in any publications, you should be asking the authors for a link. If you have an office in medium to large city, and you employ people, you should join the local chamber, and get a guaranteed link (to any page you want). If you have a career's page to hire people, get a link on a local university website to your careers page. Check to see if the city you're located in also has a directory for local businesses (it's usually free, can could be a .gov link). There's also economic development websites that list employers - maybe you could be one?

Also make sure you have a blog that is producing content that's worth linking to. As for your product pages, your best bet on that is probably going to be guest posting. Think about it, how else are you going to get people to naturally want to link to your product page vs a link from Amazon? And social media links don't pass authority. Just make sure it's not paid guest posting, and the website doesn't advertise for guest posting. Also note, that while it's great if you can build links to your product pages, it's not the end if you find it too difficult. Building links to other parts of your site will help the overall authority of the website, which in turn will still help your other pages rank.

PM me if you want to talk in more detail. No offense to the other posters, but most of these guys are great for on-page, but know very little about current off-page tactics. ;)

Comments on this post

• Test-ok agrees : You might be surprised how many link builders are here.
    • Novatronic agrees : Thanks!
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Rand did a recent whiteboard on link building. What's this? He still encourages guest posting as well? Whoever said guest posting is against Google Guidelines, shouldn't be doing SEO. No such thing was ever said, and no case studies have ever confirmed it. What will get you penalized are paid guest posts, which is far different from being a guest author.

https://moz.com/blog/earn-links-directly
  29. SEO Since 97

He's neither a brand or a reseller, I'm fairly sure he's an seo consulant using this place to answer clients questions. I get that by reading the threads posted by him. Hence the reason for my question above.
    Anyway your answer is very good.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: