1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

How to rate content - High quality content / low quality content / Normal content

This question is about quality content of a simple static website. Say i have a web development services website with 15 to 20 webpages. Contents in those pages are unique as i check them on copyscape. For a static service page (e.g. Magento Development Service), how do i know that content is quality content or NOT? In this type of service page i can only write about - What it is and when we need it, how we build an e-commerce web store on this platform, what functionality/modules customers may need on their store...?
    So my question is, how can i rate my content over competitor website who wrote similar content in their own words? How SE would rate contents of both of website?
    IMO, here UX would have more impact rather than content. I thought content is a part of UX but Google: UX Will Never Be More Important Than Content For Ranking. How content would be more important than UX for these type of website for ranking?

Comments on this post

• fathom agrees : You're ceratinly asking the right question but there is only
  3. Founder, LeadJoint.com
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

You can't "measure" content quality. The closest we can get to is the word-count, and test for grammatical errors and organization (proper header, followed by sub-headers). From an SEO standpoint, content quality is basically a marker for if it is "wow" enough to help you build links and authority. The reason a Wikipedia article seems more authoritative than a run-of-the-mill blogsport article is because Wikipedia goes in depth on every article, cites references and tends to be the most authroritative. That helps in bring links over other smaller blogs.

For your web development business website, you can't really have content superiority over competitors (how differently can you explain what you do). But that is only if you consider text as the only way to build content. If you can build pages and sections that are link-worthy (like building free audit tools, or DA checking tool) that helps you get links, then your website should seem of greater content quality than competition and can thus earn backlinks and authority.
  5. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

The point of fact leadjoint nailed it ...you generally can't measure quality... Low quality implies "NO NATURAL LINKS" so higher quality must be natural external links where moderate quality might be no natural links but natural links to another page that is directly or near directly related.

If a website has no PageRank and you get a single link with the dampening factor applied and a single path of flow you can get link juice 20 pages removed from the source.

Each link generation gets about 85% of the link juice the previous source had to offer so in the greater scheme of things if your blog is the best source of information for your website links to it will afford 85% of the PageRank source then one link generation away is 72% and 2 link generations away is around 61% of the sources value (assumes a single path of flow) to the commercial page you desire to rank.

Bearing in mind.... If you fake your links because your level of quality is low that will just get your blog into hot water with Google.
    Last edited by fathom; May 27th, 2015 at 12:25 AM.