Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Smile How to Rank Keywords

How to rank keywords for a particular location i.e city or state without mentioning the location name within the keywords? And what should be the work strategy?
  3. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Google will often present local results for many searches like Coffee Shop Near Me but you must display a physical address on your website within the geo-target for it to work
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Local business listing and Google business page are also helpful.
  7. No Profile Picture

If you want to do local SEO, the best practice is also to create a landing page with all the details of your local shop. Information included: basic info with keywords, numbers, address, opening hours, reviews, photo gallery, way to get there, provided services... If you have all these information, you offer to people everything they need to know, and to Google the right keywords and content, so you can also rank on good positions.

Comments on this post

• ClickyB agrees : but how to do it "without mentioning the location name within the keywords"? That's the question!
  9. No Profile Picture

Adding the required location into content and other off page seo activities like social bookmarking and blogs will definitely rank the keywords.

Comments on this post

• ClickyB agrees : True, but he asked how to do it "without mentioning the location name within the keywords"!
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Make sure you have a unique location (aka GEO) page for every location you're trying to rank for. Make sure you mention the location within your URL, Title, Meta Description, H1, and Content - and don't duplicate anything. Everything needs to be unique. Add unique images to each location page, and save the file with the name of the city in it. Then add the city name to the alt tag. Make sure your NAP (Name, Address, Phone Number) is listed on the site, and also add Local Business Schema - LocalBusiness - schema.org

Lastly, you need to do LOCAL citations (Bright Local is a solid platform to help manage your citations), and trying to build links to Local venues, like Chambers or other relevant organizations.

These are all things to help you organically, and can have some impact on Map Results. I'm assuming you've already created a Google My Business listing?
    Last edited by Digital Marketeer; Jul 10th, 2017 at 12:49 PM.
  13. No Profile Picture

cbmorales pretty much nailed it. Just smth to add. If you want ot dominate a niche in a whole country you need to consider two ways of doing that: creating multiple websites with kw geo in domain name, for example. Link them properly, don`t insert GA and try to do what you had to done for PBN. In other (more accurate way) you have a nice website already for several years. In that way, social signals from many states/other citations and other signals (like forum ones, for example) with kw+geo (different geo for a kw, obviously) should work. Keep in mind, this is not an everyway solution. It depends on a niche
  15. Contributing User

Originally Posted by DanZone
    cbmorales pretty much nailed it. Just smth to add. If you want ot dominate a niche in a whole country you need to consider two ways of doing that: creating multiple websites with kw geo in domain name, for example. Link them properly, don`t insert GA and try to do what you had to done for PBN. In other (more accurate way) you have a nice website already for several years. In that way, social signals from many states/other citations and other signals (like forum ones, for example) with kw+geo (different geo for a kw, obviously) should work. Keep in mind, this is not an everyway solution. It depends on a niche
    Sorry, but that's horrible outdated advice.

Comments on this post

• JohnAimit agrees : Probably right in a constantly changing environment
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Wjack3047
    Google has been waging war on location word spammers for all its life. The battle is getting more intense and complex with the recent explosion in the use of smartphone searches.

If you think you can beat G for all but a heart-beat, forget it! Also expect G's location algo to be one of its most rapidly changing functions in its equation.

Base your SEO strategy on fact and basic principles of info search.

1. Start with Google MyBusiness
    Claim your listing and complete all the detail you can.

2. Location Search in Generic Results
    Expect G to change this frequently.

My opinion (not fact) is:
    • Include your real physical address on every site page
    • Talk about the areas you service within a larger location (city)
    • Build your content structure to include relevant nearby locations

Do NOT fall for the trick of publishing near duplicate content for a bunch of nearby suburbs.

Eg. You could organise location word pages on the basis of:
    • Reviews
    • Events
    • Case studies
    • Clients
    • Types of services

How you tie your content together and present it to G can have a major impact on your location search referrals.

Comments on this post

• KernelPanic : Read the original question
    Last edited by JohnAimit; Jul 11th, 2017 at 05:49 AM.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by IvanDrago
    Sorry, but that's horrible outdated advice.
    It's always worked for me. ;)

I'm happy to hear other opinions though. Why does this seem outdated to you?
  21. Contributing User

Originally Posted by cbmorales04
    It's always worked for me. ;)

I'm happy to hear other opinions though. Why does this seem outdated to you?
    Unless I misunderstood, he was suggesting creating a ton of websites with the keyword and location in the domain (www.carpetcleanersboston.com ??) to "dominate a whole country".

Also, why wouldn't you have analytics? Is it to fool Google?

He also mentions using tactics similar to PBNs with this method.

Whole idea just seems odd.
    Last edited by dzine; Jul 13th, 2017 at 10:45 AM. Reason: No use to leave this hyperlinked
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You quoted my comment, which had nothing to do with creating separate domains for each location. I just offered some on & off page advice. Maybe you quoted me by mistake? Either way, I completely agree, that creating multiple domains per location is incredibly outdated. I'd never advise it.
  25. Contributing User

Originally Posted by cbmorales04
    You quoted my comment, which had nothing to do with creating separate domains for each location. I just offered some on & off page advice. Maybe you quoted me by mistake? Either way, I completely agree, that creating multiple domains per location is incredibly outdated. I'd never advise it.
    I didn't, have a look up, I quoted Danzone.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Ah - my bad. ;)
  29. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

The OP's question was:
    Originally Posted by wjack3047
    How to rank keywords for a particular location i.e city or state without mentioning the location name within the keywords? And what should be the work strategy?
    You answered with:
    Originally Posted by JohnAimit
    [*]Talk about the areas you service within a larger location (city)[*]Build your content structure to include relevant nearby locations

Comments on this post

• ClickyB agrees : Seems like every reply but your first one missed the crux of the O/P's question: "WITHOUT mentioning the location name within the keywords".
    Last edited by KernelPanic; Jul 11th, 2017 at 11:16 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: