1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

how many directory submissions should be Summit per day ?

I heard that now we should submit 30 Directory per day is that true or false. If yes then tell me more details about this.
  3. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

I doubt there are 30 directories truly worth submitting you site to because I would only recommend submitting your site's' to well know and authoritative directories such as yahoo, dmoz and a few others as well as local or niche directories which are used such as iKent for Kent in the UK or webhostdir for for example.

Instead of wasting your time building links which google will simply ignore once spotted (and could damage your link profile) you should be look to build/earn quality links from sources which will help with your rankings as well as getting more targeted traffic to your site!

For example, your site is related to food, so why not try to score some links on food recipe sites etc? Those would be highly relevant in the eyes of google and are likely to get you some traffic from people interested in what your site is about/has to offer!

Comments on this post

• Kevin H agrees : Yup ^. I would add though that if for your niche you know that the directory is used (or likely to be used) and that your link will be seen and followed by clients. Then by all means list yourself there.
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

As such there are no restrictions to submit directory but if you so than it will be considered as SPAM and sometimes search-engine may blog your IP. So don't spam link but submitting in Bulk. Its of no use try submitting on quality directory sites.
  7. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Zero. Zip. Nadda.
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

The days of submitting to loads of directories just for links has long gone!
  11. SEO Guy
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hey buddy
    Submitting your website to bulk of directories will not give you any benefit, it will harm you instead. I will suggest you to get few quality links from your business relevant websites, and concentrate more on content.
  13. No Profile Picture

Dont submit to directories, in fact start participating in your community, "Give Back". To get high quality back links give good and relevant information to your peers. The content should be worth viewing and reading. In fact that is why i make a goal to be very involved in the community. From all my experience and projects we have gained a strong understanding of SEO, if we dont share this knowledge, then everyone suffers. We dont get known as experts, and you dont benefit from our knowledge. When they say sharing is caring, they actually mean it.

So dont post in directories but post on forums and answer people's questions.

If you do have to post on forums, make sure they are good forums and are relevant to your industry.
    Last edited by dzine; Mar 29th, 2013 at 03:47 AM. Reason: snipped sig
  15. No Profile Picture

30 directory submissions per day for a website is not at all advisable. But instead you can take part in 30 related forum discussions in a day, it can actual make a huge difference and most importantly it won't harm your site rapport provided that you don't spam in the forum discussions. Participating in forum discussions is the best way today, using which you can learn many new things, and at the same time you can also help other members to find appropriate answers for their queries.
  17. No Profile Picture

well my friend the submitting links to directory, this technique is passed away nowadays... now its time to keep the better quality content and getting link from guest blogging, blog commenting, as well as forum posting too.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

As per experts advice we should submit 10 directory per day with create unique details. Then you never can be infected by google...
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

it's not the quantity that matters. But it's the quality of the directory submission websites.
    In order to achieve this you will nee to use SEO tools that will help you identify sites that are of high quality:
    So it's better to use SEO tools, like
    Raven --> Backlink Explorer | Raven Internet Marketing Tools
    WebSEO Analytics --> Link Building Tool - Backlink Hunter - Free SEO Tools - Web SEO Analytics
  23. No Profile Picture

Bulk directories submission never give you any benefit, it will harm your website, 50 directory submission is enough for the day

Comments on this post

• Ann Smarty : 50 a day??? are you kidding?
  25. No Profile Picture

I find a lot of mis-conceptions in regards to backlinking, directory submissions, etc. The bottom line directory submission do not help your site in any way whatsoever. They don't harm your site per say, as a lot of people believe. Google's Matt Cutts explains that if a directory site is caught selling links, that the value of the link to your site will go away, but it does not penalize your site directly, you simply loose an link juice that you may have had from those URL's. Check out his video below.

If a site linking to mine gets caught selling links, what happens to my site? - YouTube