1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I think 2-3, depends upon you and your staff, market, underwrite webside
  3. No Profile Picture

Hey,

It all depends, there are some projects that are much easier than others. The idea is to find a way to automate the process so that you can outsource it to someone who can follow your exact process. As a result, you will be sure that the quality of the work is just as good as if you were doing it yourself.

What you need to figure out is how many hours of work you need to put in per project and how many hours of work each of your team members have to put in. This will also tell you if you are charging.

Since I have automated the process I can take quite a lot of clients because even the reports are pulling automatic data from analytics, webmaster tools and other tools I am using.
    Last edited by Hikin Mike; Jun 25th, 2017 at 03:45 PM. Reason: removed link
  5. No Profile Picture

Its all depend upon you and on your team.

You need to discuss with your team and create a proper strategy that how you can handle this client for good results.

Its not too hard to handle but need a properly strategy and expert work to do the job!
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Although figuring out project utilization for a team is definitely non-trivial, a wise person - outside of the internet industry - mentioned to me once that if you start to get overencombered with too many clients and the team is starting to get overwhelmed, it is time to raise prices ....From my experience managing teams, it depends on a number of the factors mentioned above...team experience, how long you've been working together, if there are any outside vendors involved, etc...I think the answer is unique for every team....find efficiencies where you can and if possible, try to get everyone working in one physical space together...I personally believe that the benefits of a small team is the quick and efficient communication
    "...using this: sages act out of constructs but they do not rely on them"
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I'm amazed at how few teams have link builders. Smh...
  11. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by cbmorales04
    I'm amazed at how few teams have link builders. Smh...
    I'm amazed that there are still link builders.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    I'm amazed that there are still link builders.
    Me as well KP

Link building is a very dangerous game these days. It gets even more dangerous as Google's AI becomes more aware of the net, and how people are predictable in their methods.

Google is not a dumb Corp., no matter how much we may hate some of their policies.
  15. Digital Marketing

Originally Posted by KnowOneSpecial
    Google is not a dumb Corp., no matter how much we may hate some of their policies.
    True story, they are not dumb but keep in mind they operate for one reason, to make money. Their every move is for that reason and that reason alone.
    I love when people here quote Google as fact like they are trying to help you rank better organically lol. Google doesn't want you to make money organically and they will do everything in their power to prevent it.

Comments on this post

• Test-ok agrees : If that ain't the truth!
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

That's only because link builders have been given a bad name. As I said countless times, there are quality ways to build links, and Google doesn't care if it's manipulation. For example, I used to link build for multiple Telcos. You know what I did? Cities that they serviced would often have Utility pages on their websites, so I would ask the City to link to the local telco, especially if they had a franchise agreement with them. I ended up with excellent high quality links, some even .govs, and we saw rankings sky rocket. Especially when the URL would be the anchor, and we'd get the KWs we wanted from the URL.

In addition, because we were a telco, I did an interactive infographic around internet safety for kids. Obtained over 50 links from k-12 schools and universities (.edu'). Saw tremendous growth from that as well.

So why doesn't Google care if it's "manipulation"? As long as it serves a purpose and is relevant they like it. I've also been on Google's campus in Mountain View and have had this conversation with some "Googlers." They make it no secret that Google views links as a vote of confidence. The more votes you get, the more authoritative you appear, and the more authoritative you appear, the most Google wants to rank you. Then you also have to add trustworthiness. Assuming the links you are getting are from trustworthy sources, and your link/anchor text mix doesn't look manipulated, the more trustworthy your site appears, and again, the more Google wants to rank you. Google wants to reward websites that produce good content, and links are often how "good content" is determined. Good content = good user experience, which is ultimately what Google wants.

As I have said, most link builders suck, and most people who talk about it being bad, are basing it off of spammy experiences (link networks, free directories, paid guest posts). Still, links are the #1 ranking factor. If it's not part of your strategy, you are only doing half the job of an SEO. That is why I nearly always outrank anyone who doesn't link build. Your site could be better optimized for on-page and technical SEO, and I'll still beat you. That isn't a brag - it's just a fact.

Comments on this post

• KernelPanic agrees : Not sure I agree 100% but I appreciate a well thought out answer, thank you.
    • Prof.stan agrees : Yes I know it works great
  19. Digital Marketing

Not much time sorry. This webpage used to rank #1 for the keyword Wind
    https://earth.nullschool.net/

It has zero content but tons of authority links and in the past it was always my best argument for "quality links is all that matters" Now it doesn't rank so well, because it's more than links. Links play a part but it's not everything anymore like it used to be.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Of course. Links don't cover 100% of all ranking factors, but it is the most important factor (for now). It's weight may diminish, but it will continue to play a role in rankings for quite some time. Now, as for your example, there are definitely quite a few reasons it's not ranking anymore. #1, IMO, is that Google has done a better job of matching intent with the user's query. The top search results for "wind" are sites that offer a definition, for example: Dictionary.com, thesaurus.co, merriam webster, wikipedia, etc...However, #6 is Intellicast - Current Winds in United States. It's similar to the website you posted, as it has thin content, and it's just displaying a wind map. Guess what? It has double the # of referring domains (24k vs 11k).

Now looking at what https://earth.nullschool.net/ does rank for, it ranks #2 for "wind map." This goes back to what I said about matching results with the user's intent. Sincehttps://earth.nullschool.net/ highest quality referring domains have "wind map" in its anchor, it makes sense that it ranks well for this term. BTW, Intellicast is #3 & #4 position.

As we know, SEO isn't an exact science, but we know there are strong correlations between links & rankings. This may change, and I expect it's value to diminish, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be a part of your strategy.
    Last edited by Digital Marketeer; Jul 25th, 2017 at 09:36 AM.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I'll also add, Link Building is incredibly time consuming, and involves a lot of monotonous tasks: Prospect, email, follow-up, repeat. Whether we want to admit it or not, most SEO's I talk to who don't link build, don't do it because they don't see the value. Rather, there is nothing sexy about the process. The grunt work involved is the last thing that will get them excited to get out of bed. Focusing on optimizations, conversions, and technical SEO is far more appealing, and I get that - but it's also why I tend to show better results, when I take over SEO from other agencies. Can't always get away with only doing half the work.
  25. No Profile Picture

You could hire a VA to get all your boring work done so that you can focus more on backlink strategy and on-page optimization.
  27. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Take over SEO from other agencies. Can't always get away with only doing half the work.
    Yes, links are very important for getting ranked on top slots there is a read at How 16 Companies are Dominating the World’s Google Search Results

But your site could be penalized if Google recognizes for manipulating and they can track by patterns of backlinks including achor text, link network etc. So now it is the dangerous game.

And we all know that quality content earns links. So rather than hiring SEO company, it is better to spend our money for hiring resources those can create the better content that will earn links.

Read this Weight / Links
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Prof.stan, the problem for you and for KernelPanic, is that I am an expert link builder. There is so much of SEO I am still learning, but if there is one thing I know better than anyone else on these boards, it's how to build links.

That is why I say you and KernelPanic are only half right. Yes, manipulative link building practices can get you in trouble, but we know what those manipulative practices are: free directories, paid links, web assets (buying domains to link to yours), which often creates a link network. Sometimes, too many exact anchor text can raise a red flag, but as long as the referring domains are not part of the aforementioned list, you're fine.

That is why every link building tactic I have mentioned is not something that will get you penalized. Link Building is only a problem if you are literally trying to scam the system. However, if you are a legitimate business, with useful content, and you know how to properly ask for a link, you're fine. This is why I can tell you, I know how to link build with 100% immunity from Google - guaranteed - and it's because I don't engage in the type of link building we know can get you in trouble.

Rand also does a good job of discussing the "myths" revolving around link building. https://moz.com/blog/weird-crazy-myt...teboard-friday