Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Not for local keywords...

Originally Posted by KnowOneSpecial
    I am going to point out one more bad piece of advice...

The age of a domain plays very little as far as SEO is concerned in the over all scheme of things. The domain could have been bought for prospecting, it could be parked for later use, etc., etc..

I work in the local search niche for small mom and pop businesses. Typically these site are brand new, never been registered before etc., etc.. What matters is how well the website is constructed SEO wise, (especially content and internal linking). Proper use of all of the important SEO real estate.

I will never tell a client that they can't rank their business because their domain name is brand new. I do tell them it takes between 4 and 6 months to see any real significant results.

I will say that the age may be used as an indicator for determining if the site is legitimate or not. The renewal date for instance, if only registered for a year, it could be a scam, especially if the site gets reported for shady practices, but all in all Domain Age is not a metric of importance.

Many flaws in your basic assumptions.. poorly explained examples. Remember people come here for advice, and if you post poor or bad advice, well some of us will explain it to you, no offense.

Thank you for pointing that out.
    However, the domain age does matter. Google will "whitelist your domain" (not sure how they do it, but this is a figure of speech, don't take it literally) on their server after being constently reputable. For the small mom and pop shops in your area is differe. They are most likely just going after local keywords and Google handles that different. However if you post an article and a very high authoritstive website posts an article their website with higher Domain authority, they will certainly outrank you. That is why ranking for national keywords takes consistency (posting weekly articles, acquiring backlinks & cross linking internally. Assuming all on-site is handled ) depending on how competitive your niche, the longer your website is online the better you will rank for newer articles published weekly.
  3. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by KnowOneSpecial
    I am going to point out one more bad piece of advice...

The age of a domain plays very little as far as SEO is concerned in the over all scheme of things. The domain could have been bought for prospecting, it could be parked for later use, etc., etc..

I work in the local search niche for small mom and pop businesses. Typically these site are brand new, never been registered before etc., etc.. What matters is how well the website is constructed SEO wise, (especially content and internal linking). Proper use of all of the important SEO real estate.

I will never tell a client that they can't rank their business because their domain name is brand new. I do tell them it takes between 4 and 6 months to see any real significant results.

I will say that the age may be used as an indicator for determining if the site is legitimate or not. The renewal date for instance, if only registered for a year, it could be a scam, especially if the site gets reported for shady practices, but all in all Domain Age is not a metric of importance.

Many flaws in your basic assumptions.. poorly explained examples. Remember people come here for advice, and if you post poor or bad advice, well some of us will explain it to you, no offense.

Deleted my reply?
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

I have no clue about your reply being deleted..

So you really do believe that domain age is a Big Important Factor for SEO. I am sorry to inform you that you are incorrect !
    But hell you don't have to take my word on it...

I will suggest you read the whole article I am posting for you, the picture is linked, and educate yourself, no offense, but again your approach is flawed.

If you have never failed in your life, you have never achieved anything Noteworthy !
  7. No Profile Picture
    Banned

A single backlink can put you on the 1st page of Google.
  9. No Profile Picture

Aherfs counts that using authority and the number of backlinks pointing to that URL of your competitor. So yeah at some extent their prediction is true.
    But if you can 2 or 3 high-quality backlink then you can easily rank on page 1.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

From my experience, there is no tool that can predict how many links you need for ranking at a particular keyword... If anyone claims that... BRAVO, but I'd consider it highly likely that it's not nearly as accurate as you want it to be.

Comments on this post

• Test-ok agrees
  13. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Backlink is the process in which we can submit a link on third party website then it gives a link to my website.

Comments on this post

• Test-ok : Not looking for the defination of a BL.
  15. No Profile Picture

Wow, I am intrigued by this. What do you think caused your competitor to rank first? Is it the quality of the content in the website?
  17. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by promotrader
    A single backlink can put you on the 1st page of Google.
    Actually you wouldn't even need a single backlink to rank 1st page if your on-page SEO is tight and there is poor competition for that keyword
  19. No Profile Picture

ya

Originally Posted by classboat0
    .is there any compulsion for ranking of websites do more backlinks?
    yes you have to create backlink but focus should be on quality not on more and many backlinks.
  21. No Profile Picture

When people are thinking about how many backlinks they need, they often feel compelled to increase their number of backlinks rapidly. One sure way to get backlinks is to pay people.Buying backlinks may sound a little passé, but believe me, it’s still a thing.
    That said, you’re not going to find many marketers willing to discuss their dirty little secret. Link purchasing is a hushed affair—something plenty of people do, but will deny wholeheartedly.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by AEDesignCo
    When people are thinking about how many backlinks they need, they often feel compelled to increase their number of backlinks rapidly. One sure way to get backlinks is to pay people.Buying backlinks may sound a little passé, but believe me, it’s still a thing.
    That said, you’re not going to find many marketers willing to discuss their dirty little secret. Link purchasing is a hushed affair—something plenty of people do, but will deny wholeheartedly.
    I have found the same
  25. No Profile Picture

When you create quality backlink from strong domain then your website will be ranking in google. You have to do all Off-page Optimization like forum Submission, Article submission, press release submission, Social Bookmarking etc.
  27. No Profile Picture

Hello guys ,
    My friends said that you have to work on 10 forum each week for increasing the domain authority. is it true or false?
    can anyone tell me about this?
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page: