1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Put yourself in their shoes, what would your account need to get you to follow it?
  3. Moderator
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

A bit of a broad question really. I think the keyword that's the current issue is "how do I MAKE them follow me" you can't make anybody do anything. You need them to them to WANT to follow you. There are many methods on how to do this - you should research, figure out what best suits your needs and give it a go.

Maybe a mentality change is needed though. As the comment above, look in their shoes. Why do you follow the people you follow? ..
    Quality Guidelines - A must read!
    Free tools: Screaming Frog, GTMetrix.
  5. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Is your site social in nature?
    I think people stopped using social media for what it was intended for. Thought it was another selling platform and it is for partys, bars, restaurants and places and activities that are social in nature.
    People don't go to fb to find a home, get insurance, buy a headstone and those that do don't understand the internet, and could be easy pickins.
    You should be able to see by the different industries why some would get followers and others will have a hard time doing so.
    Last edited by Test-ok; Dec 22nd, 2017 at 11:09 PM.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

It can be done with a strong profile. Try to make your profile so strong that people starts following you. Show them the interest you follow and people having same interest will automatically start following you.
  9. Contributing User

My site is less social. I have no posts on G+ since long. I keep sharing my blogs but it is useless without followers as my main purpose is user engagement alongwith backlinks.
  11. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Naksh
    My site is less social. I have no posts on G+ since long. I keep sharing my blogs but it is useless without followers as my main purpose is user engagement alongwith backlinks.
    Nothing will work unless you do. Why don't you socialize more?
  13. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hi Naksh,
    I'm confused. Why are you asking about social media followers in a search engine forum?

The social media sites you mention all use "no-follow" commands for the SE robots on their page links. That means any links from these pages will not boost your page rankings in SEs.

This is not to say that social media programs are irrelevant.

Generally speaking social media sites are better for communicating with existing clients, not attracting new ones.

Again, generally speaking, folk follow social media business sites to:

• Get discount offers
    • Get coupons
    • Get special price offers
    • Be advised of new products
    • Be advised about loyalty programs

So far, the social media research shows that when business to consumer sites stop offering these types of incentives, "follows" drop off.
  15. No Profile Picture

Well, it is a typical complex activity to make your followers to follow you back. If your profile very popular like good followers strength, reputation and fan following. If you're sharing is good enough i.e like, share and comments then get more chances to follow you back on any social platform.
  17. No Profile Picture

this very easy to when your profile has strong like all details about your and your business then automatically every one follow you.