1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

How important homepage mobile?

Most of my organic traffic comes through with simple inner page. They are finally mobile friendly. My homepage is till old school, not mobile friendly, and it's about $200 design to get it mobile friendly. Does google count this against me?
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

It's not so much that it counts against you, ie , no penalty, its that you get no boost from it where as you would if you were mobile ready on your homepage.
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Apr 14th, 2018 at 01:06 AM. Reason: spelling correction
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks Know
    Well, the inner pages which are mobile friendly rank good, but dang, I noticed they have gone down 4-6 positions recently. The home, which is a big pita to go moble, has not ranked for anything in years, so I let it go for SEO. You think if I spend the $ and get homepage mobile friendly, that will effect the the inner pages?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

thanks M but that is incoherent broken English. Moderator here? (spam/ nonsense)

Comments on this post

• Test-ok agrees : Useless posting
  9. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by kevs
    You think if I spend the $ and get homepage mobile friendly, that will effect the the inner pages?
    Now I have no idea where your traffic comes from, but more and more search is mobile. I think we can all agree on that. If you are targeting mobile users, then you need fix it for that reason. Either way it is probably providing a bad UX and you could be losing traffic because of it.

Fixing it may not affect your site the way you are hoping. Many unknowns about your site, there could be other things responsible but maybe, .

Honestly, do I think it is a problem that needs to be fixed, yes I do. Without doing some research I would not jump to conclusions. Analyze your traffic and see if you can't determine the devices you're losing traffic from. That would be the first thing I would do to start.

Edited to add...

Did you just recently add any sort of popup to the site? Just curious, I know that can produce this sort of drop.
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Apr 16th, 2018 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Edited for clarity
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

No pop ups but you are right Know, the homepage should have some hope for SEO, so I'll spend the $300 in design it will take. Yes, I was #1 for homepage for years for many things then dropped off map about 5 years ago, but the inner pages are doing ok.
  13. Contributing User

Originally Posted by kevs
    No pop ups but you are right Know, the homepage should have some hope for SEO, so I'll spend the $300 in design it will take. Yes, I was #1 for homepage for years for many things then dropped off map about 5 years ago, but the inner pages are doing ok.
    I would just add that "Don't think of money if you are confident to get returns in no time" and the $ you've mentioned is not too high to spend. It's a one-time investment. You should go for it!