Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

How to find a good SEO company?

Hi, I am currently getting SEO done on my website, for about 8 months now but I am not happy with the results. I am looking to change company but there are so many and its hard to know who are good and who are scammers. I have seen them SEO ranking websites but I know they are not legit. Is there an independent review site or an easy way to find a good company? Are there any big companies in the business that people will know?
  3. Agency SEO
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

What's your domain? We'll be able to tell you if your current company is doing a good job
  5. No Profile Picture

Hi

onlinenoveltydocs.co.uk

They are doing 6 keywords for me. The results vary so much each week. Sometimes good, sometimes bad but overall I think its quite bad for the length of time.
    Last edited by dzine; Oct 15th, 2013 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Please unlink your URLs the next time
  7. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Hi,

Using majestic SEO I can see they have built 91 links (although this is obviously majestics reporting and may not be 100% accurate)

You seem to have a dodgy looking redirect from nokiapower DOT com which is giving a lot of 404 errors for over 35,785 pages. I would strongly recommend removing that immediately as the backlinks to nokiapower are extremely spammy.

Other than that they all seem to be directory backlinks from places like:

bedirectory DOT com
    bestbuydir DOT com
    weathat DOT com

etc etc...

If it was me I would have cancelled months ago, I believe they are doing more harm than good.
  9. No Profile Picture

Hi, I added the nokiapower.com redirect myself. That site use to get a lot of traffic so I thought it would be a good idea to redirect the traffic from there, to the new site. But is the nokiapower.com redirect doing more harm them good? Is there a better way to add it, instead of a redirect?

They kept reassuring me this is a normal process. Every week I would email them and ask why I am not seeing results but they always gave me an answer. Their last email was:

I do definitely understand your concern with respect to the drops in the
    rankings of the keywords and in this regard, I would like to share fewthings with you. As you know, we are dealing with search engines, wherethere would cause some effects to the rankings due to new algo roll outs.We can beat this with only a strategic optimization. As you stated, inGoogle new update has been taken place and this quite effecting all theorganic process. As we are working on this new bang and taking allpreservable steps to our campaign with utmost care. We are confident thatour strategies definitely would work and will regain our rankings positionsfor sure. But, to get this happen, we need your support to-wards ourprocess of an optimization. I can certainly feel your heat, but I hope youwould know about our capabilities and about the work which we produce tothe campaign. So, please don't worry, we are altogether working on ourcampaign and are keeping our complete efforts to get the best from ourservices. As the optimization moves on, we shall show you the improvementsin the rankings. As you know, in se's for any campaign, it must need acontinuous and consistent optimization. I hope you may understand and yourunderstanding & support is much appreciated.
  11. Agency SEO

6 keywords lol. I don't have a campaign where I am targeting less than 60. I guess you are paying less than $100 usd monthly?
  13. No Profile Picture

Paying $159. Only because I had no idea what the normal or going rates were. I am going to increase my budget now, to around $400 a month and find a new company that will do a better job.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Well they don't seem to really be doing anything useful, especially after 8 months! I would have expected MUCH more.

I would remove the redirect now, put up a page with your new link in plain text. The actual links to nokia power are bad. The main anchor text is 'cheapest online price per pill for synthroid' I doubt that is what you are targeting. You need relevant backlinks not just backlinks from a site which had traffic.

17. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

You get what you pay for. Looks like you're getting automated bots or over-seas monkey's to spam your site over any social platform out there.

Save money and invest at a higher point to gain a higher return.
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  19. No Profile Picture

Thanks for the advice. How much would I be expected to pay for a decent company? I was paying $159 to the last company for 6 keyword phrases. I am guessing this was cheap because of the methods they were using.
  21. SEO Consultant

It's tough to say without context.

Best way I can express it is: wouldn't you question a brand new Lexus that was sold to you at 9,000 when they roll off the factory plant for 49,900? There are plenty of good consultants on this forum and I believe SEO.net has a good listing of vendors as well.

Just be careful and never fall for promises. Nobody can promise anything in SEO without PPC.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Oooo tough question, do we assume the Lexus is fake or stolen? If stolen then can it be traced back or might there be a chance you'll get in trouble for buying the stolen Lexus, and where was it stolen from? Although, if you didn't know it was it was stolen and just thought it was the deal of the century then it is a bloody good buy for 9000. If we start talking 20,000 then it is a little more riskier.

So it depends where from, I think I would buy the Lexus though...
  25. No Profile Picture

Seem to be having trouble finding a company. I went to seo.net and emailed about 15 from the list under the UK section and only about 5 got back to me. Which I find very strange, do some companies not reply to people who they think may be wasting their time? Do they pick and choose who they respond to? The ones that did respond, said my budget of 300 is too low. I was picking the companies from the top rankings on seo.net so maybe that's why my budget of 300 a month is too low.
  27. SEO Consultant

The problem with a low budget is you cannot promise nor even hint at any returns. It's just too little effort to use for SEO. You would not find a proper return on your investment.
  29. SEO Since 97

Your low budget is in the way to get someone to figure out what your problems really are.
    A good seo person will need to analyze your site for all kinds of different things, like content, backlinks, titles. internal links, site structure along with finding out whats been done over the past. Then once that's done a plan of attack needs to be implemented and acted on. I doubt you'll get much of that for the budget your working with.
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page: