1. No Profile Picture

How effective internal linking could be

Hi there!
    I'm new to seo and working on a website basically I want to know how effective internal linking could be for my website.
    Actually the content on which working on in that mostly I have to interlink .gov and .edu website in my content.
    Plus Content is relevant to link

So please tell me how effective this could be? and Is this thing is going to effect on site ranking and authority?

Experts please reply Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Well, my two cents on the topic...

How effective can it be? Well if you are not doing it, you will be behind everyone else that is using it in your niche and competing with you !!!

Comments on this post

• Pierre Benneton agrees
  5. Moderator
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Every time you link to a page, it's giving it more power. So yes, it's massively important. You aren't only helping bots crawl your site, you're telling Google what the target pages are about through anchor text, and passing more authority to them. (Not talking about domain authority)

A friend shared this article: https://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2...ain-link-juice with me the other day. It's very old, but informative in regards to internal linking
    Last edited by matt1966; Mar 12th, 2018 at 11:47 AM.
  7. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by matt1966
    Every time you link to a page, it's giving it more power. So yes, it's massively important. You aren't only helping bots crawl your site, you're telling Google what the target pages are about through anchor text, and passing more authority to them. (Not talking about domain authority)

A friend shared this article: https://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2...ain-link-juice with me the other day. It's very old, but informative in regards to internal linking
    That's a great article. Wordstream is leading the way with their information. Definite thought leader to pay attention to.
  9. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

It's definitely effective for ranking and traffic. Your website also goes up in domain authority.
  11. No Profile Picture

Internal linking helps us to increase the DA score of the website and it also helps us to get visitor retention.
  13. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by HumzaArain
    mostly I have to interlink .gov and .edu website in my content.
    Plus Content is relevant to link

So please tell me how effective this could be?
    That doesn't sound like internal linking, not to another site, that's external linking. Unless I'm reading your question wrong.
  15. No Profile Picture

Internal Links are one type of baclinks which present in web pages. This links also use for easy navigation from one page to another.
  17. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    That doesn't sound like internal linking, not to another site, that's external linking. Unless I'm reading your question wrong.
    I think he might mean outbound links.

Yes, Google will be looking to see who you link to and there is a penalty for having spammy outbound links or heavily link to spammy sites.

I suspect, but do not have a tuft of proof, that if you generally link to respected websites and the links are relevant (their content and your content match in terms of topic/theme/context) there are brownie points to be had.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

As someone mentioned, you stated .gov and .edu? this would be linking out to other sites/pages?

Internal linking are links within pages in your site.

This can be very effective but sometimes might have little impact, because as usual, with SEO, it JUST depends.

For example.

1) If you have a page that already has authority & juice and you link it to an other page on your site, then you can help it's rankings.
    2) It is probably best to do contextual internal links.... adding the link without a paragraph of relevant information.
    3) The ranking of internal links will also depend on the anchor text you use... generally speaking it is considered you can get away with using the same anchor text more so with internal linking than back linking.

etc,
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Sorry, correction

adding the link without a paragraph of relevant information. = adding the link WITHIN a paragraph of relevant information.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

internal links are very effective in term of seo, DA and PA will increase in this way