1. Anand Mistry
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

How to Do Competitive Backlink Analysis

Today, I have read one SEOmoz blog post on following topic.

Guide to Competitive Backlink Analysis

This is really good but, I am searching for such method which can help me to analysis of backlinks & I can develop my own link over there.

Backlink analysis tools can help us but, I am not able to produce good quality plus quantity.

Can anyone suggest me strong method which can help me to improve number of backlink with competitive analysis?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by khushimistry
    Today, I have read one SEOmoz blog post on following topic.

Guide to Competitive Backlink Analysis

This is really good but, I am searching for such method which can help me to analysis of backlinks & I can develop my own link over there.

Backlink analysis tools can help us but, I am not able to produce good quality plus quantity.

Can anyone suggest me strong method which can help me to improve number of backlink with competitive analysis?
    Competitors links analysis is very simple, pick some good tool which can show you the back links of a website and then just go one by one through these back links and try to place your website their too where you find your competitor's links.
  5. Anand Mistry

Originally Posted by Tommike
    Competitors links analysis is very simple, pick some good tool which can show you the back links of a website and then just go one by one through these back links and try to place your website their too where you find your competitor's links.
    I have done similar tactics to get it done. But, this is too much time consuming. Is there any method which can help me to improve productivity?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Banklinks

Originally Posted by khushimistry
    I have done similar tactics to get it done. But, this is too much time consuming. Is there any method which can help me to improve productivity?
    Are you looking for tools that automatically post comments etc? That would be spamming. Best as the previous poster said to generate the list by using a suitable tool (I use SEO Elite for this) and then take the time to craft your own backlink for each target, be it a comment or listing etc.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Backlink analysis

Best way to increase backlinks is to analyze the best sites competitor to ur sites .Use of any backlinks checker tool to find the backlinks and than analyze after that one bye one see the backlinks and try to put ur link on those backlinks which increase ur site backlinks.

This is the best way to analyze and increase backlinks .
  11. Contributing User

google search -

links:yourcompetitorsdomain.com

or

visit alexa and find their account details and click "sites linking in."

you have to manually hunt backlinks. There are no short cuts.
  13. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by AZdevil2.0
    google search -

links:yourcompetitorsdomain.com

or

visit alexa and find their account details and click "sites linking in."

you have to manually hunt backlinks. There are no short cuts.
    thanks let me try it
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You will have to check backlinks only by some tools. And I saw that google shows less backlinks than actual number. Recently yahoo has started new method of checking backlinks, introducing explorer. Put this Url into address bar siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com then insert in upper search domain www yourdomain . com
    It will give you many link
  17. Contributing User

you could always google search your domain name or comeptitors domain name in quotes on google:
    "yourdomain.com" and even though many of the results are not active hyper-links or relevant links that provide a lot of weight, you can see what others might be saying about your site.
  19. No Profile Picture

Given that there are lots of other places where you could get backlinks, is it really of any consequence whether those links are on the same site as your competitor? I have outranked sites that have several orders of magnitude more keywords show up in SEOSpyglass than my own site shows - most of those links are on completely irrelevant blogs etc. and with articles that have nothing to do with my product. What's the point of putting another link there rather than focusing on relevant quality articles placed in relevant directories/blogs?