1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

How can i get better results on serp?

I am using magento 1.6 and all my category pages has title and meta descriptions with my keyword(s). Also i have category descriptions written all fresh by me with including h1 tags. When i check my category pages, home pages and product pages i have good report back from firefox SEOquake and other tools. But when i use my keywords to search on google i am not coming on even on first 50-70 pages. I also have fresh content on my home page linking to category pages including my keywords. And i have robots. txt file and sitemap too. My robots.txt file is
    User-agent: *
    Disallow: /js/
    Disallow: /images/
    Disallow: /css/
    Disallow: /install.php
    Disallow: /LICENSE.html
    Disallow: /LICENSE.txt
    Disallow: /LICENSE_AFL.txt
    Disallow: /STATUS.txt
    Sitemap: mydomain/sitemap.xml

What else should i do to get better serp results on google.co.uk? Also on this robots.txt file i added my sitemap but is that mean i am blocking google to crowl my sitemap?
    Keywords that i am using not easy to get good serp results because they are really popular keywords but least i want to be able to get on first 10 - 15 pages.
  3. In the game since Jan '06
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I read your question a couple of times and not once do you mention external back links... The fact that you mentioned the keywords are popular (I assume they're competitive too) means that you're not going to get anywhere without some good quality back links...

Take this Pulp Fiction quote:

Originally Posted by Samuel L Jackson
    "Back links!!! The cornerstone of any successful SEO campaign."
    "In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life." - George Best
  5. Jennifer Linnuste

Originally Posted by insomnia24
    My robots.txt file is
    User-agent: *
    Disallow: /js/
    Disallow: /images/
    Disallow: /css/
    Disallow: /install.php
    Disallow: /LICENSE.html
    Disallow: /LICENSE.txt
    Disallow: /LICENSE_AFL.txt
    Disallow: /STATUS.txt
    Sitemap: mydomain/sitemap.xml

What else should i do to get better serp results on google.co.uk? Also on this robots.txt file i added my sitemap but is that mean i am blocking google to crowl my sitemap?
    Keywords that i am using not easy to get good serp results because they are really popular keywords but least i want to be able to get on first 10 - 15 pages.
    It is fine to add your sitemap to the robots.txt file, you are basiclly telling the SE's where it is located. Here is the proper way to do it per the BIG "G", http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=183669
  7. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Not sure why you are blocking your images folder? I would remove that from the robots file (could be an extra source for traffic!), apart from that the robots file looks fine to me.

Its very clear you are new to seo and know very little so might I suggest you check out the sticky threads in the different sections on here, check the google guidelines and learn about "quality content", "quality link building" - that's quality link building not spammy link building and you will learn the difference, but to get you started, don't spam your link to the easy place such as forums, blog comments and random directories all over the web, instead look for relevant links on sites which have a reason to link to your site!

You may also find this thread helpful for some good link building ideas that other members on here use http://forums.seochat.com/link-popul...es-450572.html, just remember to follow the advice given by respected members (rep points to the top right of each post) and not that of people that don't know what they are on about!
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  9. No Profile Picture

Hi Godfather
    According to google webmaster tools i have 1880 links from 113 domain. I haven't checked all domains PR but some of thems are PR6 and PR7. Yes keywords are very competitive (i.e external hard drives, cheap laptops) I know 1180 links not much but do you not think it should be able to help me to be seen least on first 50 pages on google?

Originally Posted by thegodfather
    I read your question a couple of times and not once do you mention external back links... The fact that you mentioned the keywords are popular (I assume they're competitive too) means that you're not going to get anywhere without some good quality back links...

Take this Pulp Fiction quote:
  11. No Profile Picture

Is it not good idea to post links on related forums? Also how many links should i post daily maximum? Also should i insert hyper links to related keywords or just plain link? Also if i inser some links on here is it good idea too?

Originally Posted by NathanielB
    Not sure why you are blocking your images folder? I would remove that from the robots file (could be an extra source for traffic!), apart from that the robots file looks fine to me.

Its very clear you are new to seo and know very little so might I suggest you check out the sticky threads in the different sections on here, check the google guidelines and learn about "quality content", "quality link building" - that's quality link building not spammy link building and you will learn the difference, but to get you started, don't spam your link to the easy place such as forums, blog comments and random directories all over the web, instead look for relevant links on sites which have a reason to link to your site!

You may also find this thread helpful for some good link building ideas that other members on here use http://forums.seochat.com/link-popul...es-450572.html, just remember to follow the advice given by respected members (rep points to the top right of each post) and not that of people that don't know what they are on about!
  13. Busting SEOChat Spammers!

Is it not good idea to post links on related forums?
    Forums are not designed for people like you to spam your links on, they are there to help other people, I will give you a link at the end of this post to read what you should be using forums for, but the basics of it is that forums are for helping people, not link building!

Plus google does NOT give much weight to links found on forums because they know its a place where silly people like to try and spam links, which quite often (99% of the time here) will be nuked before the search engines even find them!

So in short, if your posting to help other, yeah the links could get you some targeted traffic, but don't expect to see them boost your seo efforts! Again the link at the end of this post about forums will help you more.

Also how many links should i post daily maximum? Also should i insert hyper links to related keywords or just plain link?
    Lol you really do need to learn about seo and link building because you simply don't seem to get it and seem to keep missing those important words QUALITY and RELEVANT links!

There is no magic number of links to build, you need to earn links from relevant sites in your niche which will show google your site is of value and worth ranking!

And yes, anchor text is important, but remember to mix it up because you want your link building to look natural, meaning building thousands of links to [cheap laptops] will open up the flags to google as its not looking very natural!

Again, these are basics and are all over these forums and the web in general so you should be able to find a good amount of information

Also if i inser some links on here is it good idea too?
    Yeah sure (NOT!), if you want us to ban you for link dropping! I suggest you not only read our forum rules (and that of others before you spam them), but also have a read of this thread http://forums.seochat.com/search-eng...eo-411594.html which tells you what you should be using forums for!
    Last edited by NathanielB; Nov 9th, 2012 at 04:34 AM.
  15. No Profile Picture

Thanks for your reply. Yes thats right i don't know anything about seo and that was the reason i joined seochat. Before doing research i dind't want to jump on to any forums and post 100s of links everyday and 100% i don't want anything to do with spam. What i want to know is where to go to build quality links and how, plus what else i can do? If you like and can send you link for my site and you can look fresh contents i have wrote my self. Thanks for your advice and help.

Originally Posted by NathanielB
    Forums are not designed for people like you to spam your links on, they are there to help other people, I will give you a link at the end of this post to read what you should be using forums for, but the basics of it is that forums are for helping people, not link building!

Plus google does NOT give much weight to links found on forums because they know its a place where silly people like to try and spam links, which quite often (99% of the time here) will be nuked before the search engines even find them!

So in short, if your posting to help other, yeah the links could get you some targeted traffic, but don't expect to see them boost your seo efforts! Again the link at the end of this post about forums will help you more.

Lol you really do need to learn about seo and link building because you simply don't seem to get it and seem to keep missing those important words QUALITY and RELEVANT links!

There is no magic number of links to build, you need to earn links from relevant sites in your niche which will show google your site is of value and worth ranking!

And yes, anchor text is important, but remember to mix it up because you want your link building to look natural, meaning building thousands of links to [cheap laptops] will open up the flags to google as its not looking very natural!

Again, these are basics and are all over these forums and the web in general so you really should hire a professional to help you with your seo because you either don't seem to want to listen to what's been said or you can't grasp it?

Yeah sure (NOT!), if you want us to ban you for link dropping! I suggest you not only read our forum rules (and that of others before you spam them), but also have a read of this thread http://forums.seochat.com/search-eng...eo-411594.html which tells you what you should be using forums for!
  17. Busting SEOChat Spammers!

Thanks for your reply. Yes thats right i don't know anything about seo and that was the reason i joined seochat. Before doing research i dind't want to jump on to any forums and post 100s of links everyday and 100% i don't want anything to do with spam. What i want to know is where to go to build quality links and how, plus what else i can do? If you like and can send you link for my site and you can look fresh contents i have wrote my self. Thanks for your advice and help.
    Check the two links you have been give to read up about link building, those should give you some good ideas, but the basic rule of link build is to build/gain quality links from relevant sources that will should google your site should be ranked for xyz.

For example, say you sell cheap xyz model dell laptops, the perfect link for you would be on dells page about that model laptop you sell because that's a highly relevant page to gain a link on and has a lot of authority.

I know that example, is not going to happen, but you get the idea of what an extremely relevant and authoritative quality link would be now right?

Another example of a good site to gain a quality and well respected link from would be sites link money saving expert because you will only gain a link on their pages (I mean pages not the forums!) if your site is highly relevant to the advice on that page and is of value to their readers.

For example, I have got a couple of our clients mentioned and linked to on a handful of pages at money saving expert because our clients offer something of interest and high quality to those reading the advice given on xyz page's'.

Another way to build/earn relevant links is to guest post (you should check out myblogguest.com), which is a great tool not only for link building but for also building your brand name/domain authority in your niche!

For example, you could submit product reviews or product comparison type articles to top tech sites! This would not only gain you very relevant and highly authoritative links to help with your seo, but it will also help get your site known to the people that might be looking to order a laptop from you!

Now I can't tell you where to go and build links because that's your job as the person doing the seo for the site (in other words, unless you want to hire someone to do the job for you, you will need to research, test and learn what works for you!), but with the above examples, you should understand a little better the type of links which will help you to rank better as well as get your site known in the right places.

Comments on this post

• thegodfather agrees : Sound advice, relevancy is where it's at...
    Last edited by NathanielB; Nov 9th, 2012 at 07:13 AM.
  19. No Profile Picture

Now I can't tell you where to go and build links because that's your job as the person doing the seo for the site (in other words, unless you want to hire someone to do the job for you, you will need to research, test and learn what works for you!), but with the above examples, you should understand a little better the type of links which will help you to rank better as well as get your site known in the right places.
    Now i understand it better. It seems like everyone giving good advice and thank you very much and i understand more now but nobody giving me as a sample website to start with Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by NathanielB; Nov 9th, 2012 at 08:44 AM. Reason: fixed quote box
  21. SEO Consultant

Why are you blocking your images folder?
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  23. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by joshz
    Why are you blocking your images folder?
    on that images folder i have mfr images which is not important, product images folder is in different folder and i am not blocking it.

Comments on this post

• NathanielB agrees : Good man, I was a little worry as to why you might block your product images, but what you have done is fine :)