Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

How to beat a high pr 6 site with new site within 6 months?

Hello everybody,
    I am here for a question "how to beat a high pr 6 site with new site within 3 months?" My site is well on-page optimize, This is a social networking site. is there any data or information or any process that can tell me how long it will take to beat my competitor. What kind of off-page seo strategy should I follow? They have 47000+ backlinks and with PR-6 and top 3 position on google. I have lots of content and unique. I want to take over GHANA's google search. What should I do? I am in great trouble.
  3. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    Originally Posted by janos
    Hello everybody,
    They have 47000+ backlinks and with PR-6 and top 3 position on google.
    Easy... get 47001 backlinks of equal or higher quality... Problem solved.
    ...Never mistake activity for achievement...

...Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it....
    Benjamin Franklin
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by SEO_AM
    Easy... get 47001 backlinks of equal or higher quality... Problem solved.
    I dont have that much link to give backlink. Thanks for your answer.
  7. Agency SEO

Hello everybody,
    I am here for a question "how to beat a high pr 6 site with new site within 3 months?" My site is well on-page optimize, This is a social networking site. is there any data or information or any process that can tell me how long it will take to beat my competitor. What kind of off-page seo strategy should I follow? They have 47000+ backlinks and with PR-6 and top 3 position on google. I have lots of content and unique. I want to take over GHANA's google search. What should I do? I am in great trouble.
    I am curious about something... We often get questions such as yours where the poster is asking for help in doing something that they are unbelievably unqualified to do. The question often takes an urgent tone bordering on panic.

Why is that? Did you say you could overtake a PR6 site within 3 months and now you must deliver? Does your job depend on ranking this one site?

Comments on this post

• EGOL agrees : Just recommend prayer and send a bill.
    • realityhack agrees : Enough LSD might help. How's the budget look.
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    I am curious about something... We often get questions such as yours where the poster is asking for help in doing something that they are unbelievably unqualified to do. The question often takes an urgent tone bordering on panic.

Why is that? Did you say you could overtake a PR6 site within 3 months and now you must deliver? Does your job depend on ranking this one site?
    You told me that " they are unbelievably unqualified to do" now tell please what knowledge make me qualify instead of insulting me. because once you were in my position.
  11. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

You told me that " they are unbelievably unqualified to do" now tell please what knowledge make me qualify instead of insulting me. because once you were in my position.
    He is not insulting you. He asked why your question sounds like if you do not succeed in overtaking then you will be in trouble.

Your original question mentions dominating a whole country's search results!? and are "in great trouble".

Comments on this post

• DarrenHaye agrees : Great trouble sounds like someone has a gun to his head.
  13. Rebel Without a Clue
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

tell please what knowledge make me qualify instead of insulting me. because once you were in my position.
    I've never been in a position of great trouble if I don't dominate a whole country's search results and outrank an established competitor within 3 months.

SEO-AM has answered the question, it may not be what you want to hear but unfortunately there's unlikely to be any quick fix to this otherwise everyone would be doing it. In fact try any quick fixes and you're likely to get a big slap back from Google and end up in a worse position than you're in.
  15. Agency SEO

Yes I was! Good point. Here's what you do: Start adding relevant content and chase every single long-tail you can think of. You probably will not rank for "Rice" but you can probably rank for "leftover turkey and rice recipe" and a thousand others.

KnowwhutImean?

Long-tails are cheaper to capture and generally convert at a much higher rate. Instead of attacking the main force with an inferior army, attack the flank!
    Last edited by KernelPanic; Nov 27th, 2012 at 08:09 AM.
  17. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

You know, I saw Home Alone 4 and it sucked. What a waste of time and money. What a horrible remake. Kevin is stupid.
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  19. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by joshz
    You know, I saw Home Alone 4 and it sucked. What a waste of time and money. What a horrible remake. Kevin is stupid.
    What do you mean, they said it was a great movie, so it must be, right?!

janos, KP was not insulting you, he was simply asking why your question comes across as "if you don't get the rankings, you will lose the job", if that's the case, you shouldn't have taken on such a task without know what your doing, which no one can argue with!

Now if you want to learn, that's great and your in the right place, but you shouldn't expect to be able to dominate an entire countries search engine within 6 months if you don't know what your doing!

The only way to out rank any site is to show google your site is worth ranking above them, and the best way to do that is with links, so as said above, you need to build equally good links as those of your competitors and have quality content for your visitors to convert to.

Your best bet though, would be to do as suggested and target long tail phrases which will be easier to rank for as its highly unlikely that you will be able to out rank your competitor in such away as you are asking for help to do.

Do you have a big advertising budget? If so another option for you would be to gain traffic from paid search results and advertising on other sites, tv, papers and so on.

This will not only help get your new site known, but would also help with rankings and earning links if people find your site worth linking to / want to join it with their friends etc. And if people don't want to do that, then your clients sites not as good as you thought
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  21. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

You can beat PR 6 site by doing hard work and unique content but can not beat PR 6.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Do link analysis for the website which can high PR and work on the link which you got,you can do article submission, forum posting, blog commenting, blog posting etc.... if you do this regularly surely PR will increase for your site.

Comments on this post

• Lb1878 : ugh, dismiss this comment
  25. Dancin with the devil
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by eGrove Systems
    Do link analysis for the website which can high PR and work on the link which you got,you can do article submission, forum posting, blog commenting, blog posting etc.... if you do this regularly surely PR will increase for your site.
    So you are saying that if his PR increases, his rankings will too or if he engages in the rubbish forms of link building methods you mentioned, he will dominate the search results like he wants to in 3-6 months? What does his increasing PR have to do with Ghana's search results in Google?

99.9999998% of the time, this type of link building is a waste of time and doesn't yield any notable results. I always love being proved wrong though.

One thing I've learned with SEO is to properly manage expectations and understand what your capabilities are before committing to anything. Setting false hope only starts you behind the 8-ball. Ask more specific questions and get more specific answers. Broad questions like the one you asked will typically give you indirect responses, like above.

Somehow, you still managed to get a couple of decent responses. Those guys must be full of Yuletide cheer.
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Chinese Proverb
  27. No Profile Picture

I'm sorry, with all due respect, how do you think that would be a good idea? Google will totally catch on to you if you acquire 47,000 backlinks "for no reason" within a six-month timeframe. You have to at least make it look somewhat natural…
  29. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by eGrove Systems
    Excellent answer. SEO does not come overnight anymore like it once did. I wish it did. But since it doesn't, we have to work harder and smarter.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: