1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Home Page Meta Title

HI Friends,

My website is an e commerce website and it's an Australian based online store that sells sunglasses. Most of the primary keywords got position in Google Australia first page. First I have Meta title in my home page including three primary keywords as well as website brand name. Before three days I have changed my title including only a keyword with the product price. Today I have checked my rank and unfortunately found many of my primary keywords are went back to 7th, 8th pages. My question is, is the impact of my keywords are because of Meta title change? If so, can any one please tell me the way to get the position of my keywords back?
  3. SEO Insultant
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

What do you mean exactly with "meta title" ?
  5. No Profile Picture

I have changed my meta title three days back and now my keywords are went back in search engine results. That's what I asked whether the problem is because of Meta Title change?
  7. SEO Insultant

No I meant: what IS a "meta title" in your view? What does it look like in plain HTML?

Did you mean the <title> element (which is not a "meta") or are you fiddling about with "meta tags"?
  9. No Profile Picture

Yeah of course, it is <title> element only. not meta title, I am sorry
  11. SEO Insultant

In that case, there's a 99% probability that your (sudden/drastic) change of the <title> element caused your rankings to drop.

Things might well improve, if you did it right.
    But a drastic change -- any drastic change -- always causes the search engines to choke up at first.
  13. No Profile Picture

I never saw a title change affect the web pages and I could never imagine that changing the home page would affect the websites ranking and this is the reason. I did several tests with websites where I create the home page and 12,000 web pages. Then, I change the index page entirely with a new title tag and create another 12,000 web pages with an entirely new service leaving me with a total of 24,000 web pages, a new title tag, and my search results positions (what you call ranking) never changes. I can prove this since I built 89 websites during the past 6 months and changes titles hundreds of time. I've also been toying with websites for about 25 years, or more
  15. No Profile Picture
    Banned

I think, you must contact an onpage SEO expert for the same. Yes, the impact of change in meta title affects the website rank too much. There was no need to do that, as you have done it, do not panic; analyze the meta title of some of your competitors for the same keywords and apply them on your website accordingly.
  17. No Profile Picture

With all due respect, I would like to restate that changing the index page title does not change the web site ranking. The only thing that changes is the title.

I am going to tell you a few reasons why changing the title does not affect ranking.

Almost nobody in the world talks about the difference between 'ranking' and 'search results positions'. I am not going to get involved and write about what ranking really means and how it works, but if SEOs could forget about the word 'ranking' and start thinking more about the words 'search results positions' then they could get websites thousands of organic search results to the top of the search results pages in hours rather than wasting their time trying to do something they know nothing about. Playing with 'ranking' bares very little to no fruit when compared to the words 'search results position'.

Most SEO's don't know this. After you web page is indexed by the robots you can remove all the links for all the web pages, you can remove all the keywords, and the web pages will remain in the search engine's index indefinitely (of course you have to leave the actual web pages on your website). I know this for a fact because I built 89 websites during the past 5 months and I remove all evidence of my SEO from almost every one of my websites and the search results positions never change.

I mentioned before that I change my index page titles every few weeks. I have one website that is 25 years old and I constantly change the web page title and my 'SEARCH RESULTS POSITIONS' never change. If I can change my title and my search positions remain at the top of the search results pages, then you SEO experts would probably say that my 'ranking' did not change, but the word 'ranking' is not the proper term to use for the effective lack of change.

Ranking does not mean that your websites are 'ranked' based on the content quality, social, media, etc. and it does not mean that a website that contains only jpegs and no text will get a lessor ranking because I can make websites with no text, only jpegs, and the 'search results positions' will be on the top of the organic search results pages better and faster than your 'ranking' theories will produce.

The question for this thread should have been, "will changing my index page title change my web page's search results positions" and the answer is, "no" and ranking has nothing to do with search results positions.
  19. No Profile Picture

Well, If your website crawling rate is outstanding so we can say that meta title might be hurt your ranking, otherwise do check your work which is done one month before have you create bad link profile or any update affect your ranking due to google guidelines. Well dont think so meta title affect like this... Maximum you will go downward 3,4 positions rather than 7 to 8 pages...
  21. the mango demon
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by pcplumber
    With all due respect, I would like to restate that changing the index page title does not change the web site ranking. The only thing that changes is the title.
    Change the page title from "Latex Costumes" to "Hot Latinas in Latex Costumes" and watch the frogging website tumble on SERPs.

Almost nobody in the world talks about the difference between 'ranking' and 'search results positions'. ........................Playing with 'ranking' bares very little to no fruit when compared to the words 'search results position'.
    Dear SEO Granpa, were you locked up in some bunker since the last world war? Almost every decent SEO I know uses the word SERP Rankings or Search Engine Results Pages Rankings as a standard to refer to 'search results positions'.
    I am shocked that an ACCOMPLISHED SEO of your repute, who dictates the difference between 'rankings' and 'search results positions' does not know the difference between 'bears' and 'bares'.
    *I can call him granpa because I am only a couple of years older than his websites.
    Most SEO's don't know this. After you web page is indexed by the robots you can remove all the links for all the web pages, you can remove all the keywords, and the web pages will remain in the search engine's index indefinitely (of course you have to leave the actual web pages on your website). I know this for a fact because I built 89 websites during the past 5 months and I remove all evidence of my SEO from almost every one of my websites and the search results positions never change.
    So, as per that logic if Washington Post changes all its keywords to Washington Sluts and removes all its backlinks it would still rank for all the keywords it currently ranks for including Washington Post.

Ranking does not mean that your websites are 'ranked' based on the content quality, social, media, etc. and it does not mean that a website that contains only jpegs and no text will get a lessor ranking because I can make websites with no text, only jpegs, and the 'search results positions' will be on the top of the organic search results pages better and faster than your 'ranking' theories will produce.
    Been doing cocaine or something SEO granpa? What are you even talking about? Blabber, but atleast blabber in the context.
    The question for this thread should have been, "will changing my index page title change my web page's search results positions" and the answer is, "no" and ranking has nothing to do with search results positions.
    The most stupid re-phrasing of a question I have seen in recent years. What 'web page' are we talking about? Some random page on the site? Just one random page on the site? Some particular page on the website? A bull**** re-phrasing of the original question followed by bull**** answer.
    Last edited by NewDelhiSEO; Jun 30th, 2013 at 02:32 PM. Reason: missed a point
    SEO Professionals in NewDelhi It is different. Don't believe me? Go check yourself.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

That was a nice explanation indeed. How could pcplumber even say in that much confidence since he has been toying with websites for more than 25 years.

Please, cut the crap.