1. No Profile Picture
    nb
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Help Natalie with dynamic site optimisation

Hey all!

In my new job position, I am working for a company that manages a number of dynamic database driven e-commerce sites. I am currently looking into getting these websites listed with major UK and global search engines, but have read a couple of articles that state search engines can't index a dynamic site in the same way as a static site.

A suggestion to get round this by one article and also by a colleague was to build static site e.g. www2.examplesite.com with our top level category pages (which we can optimise for SEs) and once you click into a product section it reverts to the dynamic site e.g. www.examplesite.com.

If I then go on to submit this www2. domain, will search engines list it? Most of them currently list just the main www.examplesite.com domain homepage, but I am concerned when I submit the www2. domain, they'll think its the same site and not list it.

Does anyone have experience optimising dynamic sites and working round the situation, in a legitimate way of course!!!

Hope some of you can help
    Thanks
    Natalie
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Check out this article I wrote on this topic at http://www.seochat.com/articles/1