1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Have Google used us?

Hi all -

I built and manage an online store in Australia for my mum which is going well, and recently
    Google flew over from the states and shot a video with my mum, all about her story etc. It
    took 2 days of her time and there was a big gala launch which has been exciting for my mum,
    but obviously took a lot of her time and energy. The video is essentially an emotive ad for
    google ads, but we didn't receive any adwords credits. The video has also been posted
    on Google's official youtube channel, but there are no mentions of the business or links and I can't
    find any blog articles about it or other mentions of it on any of their social channels.

I'm realising I've dropped the ball here and should have ensured a few things to start with (I
    oversee all the digital stuff for my mum) but I'm wondering if I should be a bit miffed here more
    wasn't done for our benefit SEO/publicity wise, and if there's anything I should be reasonable requesting
    now. For example, if the business name is mentioned in their video description does that bear any seo
    weight citiation wise? (Obviously a hyperlink can't be included as it's plain text). Or should I be requesting
    a blog etc? Or is this just how these things work? I think it'd be fair if we got something out of it
    more than a nice video that gets shown at 1 conference!

Many thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

If Google and your mum agreed to make the vid and Google has made it public I see no reason not to share the link here.

Then some of the more knowledgeable members here will be able to offer advice to answer your questions.

Those conferences are really big events and can drive lots of traffic, just saying.
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Oct 9th, 2018 at 12:04 AM. Reason: spelling correction
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

How did you manage it? It's a wonderful experience. Google can indicate your company name and this will bring you a lot of weight. You can ask for a link, but it's optional. Brand recognition plays a significant role, and references to top sites work fine. Congratulations!