Thread: Guest post

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Guest post

Hi i wanted to know how do people post on sites like frobes, huffingtonpost and all these other high DA/PA sites
    you see people emailing and saying they can get it done, i wanted to know if it is real and how do they get them because when you email these companies they do not accept guest post sometimes
  3. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by nomi112
    Hi i wanted to know how do people post on sites like frobes, huffingtonpost and all these other high DA/PA sites
    you see people emailing and saying they can get it done, i wanted to know if it is real and how do they get them because when you email these companies they do not accept guest post sometimes
    You have to contact the writers. They'll do a story on your industry and sell you a link. The links are often no follow though, so no value
  5. No Profile Picture

If you have a strong website, contact them
    Guest post is mutually beneficial
    Without such a site, it is essential to contact a lot of blog owners to increase rate of agreement
  7. No Profile Picture

First you have to find the editors of those sites then you can email them about your idea. You have to keep in mind that they get ton of kind of emails per day so give them something of real value si they can use that for their content.

Comments on this post

• sksharma agrees
  9. No Profile Picture

so sites like freelance, elance you find people from different countries selling these links, is that how they do it
  11. Contributing User

I dont think people who can get links on Forbes, Huffington Post etc need to chase your business in the way you've described.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I used to link build as my primary job, and could get links on these types of sites. The company I worked for had a blog that we managed with "writers." I had a fake persona with fluff content to boost my credibility and portfolio. Don't get me wrong, the content was good, and made me look like an expert - but it was all to create a fake personality. This way, when I would reach out to editors and writers, often times through social media (mainly twitter), I looked legitimate, and not just a random person looking for a guest post. One of my persona's was even offered an opportunity to work on my Masters Degree with the head of the European Space Agency, because my persona said I was working on a Masters in material science, and I had a special interest in space exploration (or something like that).

Before I even ever outreached to a writer, I would like a bunch of their stuff for a month, comment on their articles, provide feedback, and create rapport - never asking to guest post. Than, when the moment was right, I'd ask them if they were interested in a certain topic/article idea, and usually they'd say yes. From there, I'd get a writer to write the content, and try to naturally fit a link within the article. Sometimes, I could even get away with putting it at the bottom within the author's bio.

It was a long arduous process, but once I built the right network, these writers would refer me to other publications that accepted freelance work. It became easy for me to build links on Yahoo News, Forbes, Huffington, Venture Beat, Bloomberg, and so on. And while some of these were no-follow links, they'd be syndicated on other major publications, which was great for building traffic to the site, and sometimes a followed link was added.

Lastly, don't be hung up on high DA sites. Create rich content that's better than a competitor's, and you'll be fine. Outside of scholarships, I've also built a lot of links to .edu's by creating a better resource than an existing one that universities had, for example. It's all about building a better mouse trap. In my current position, I build links to a bunch of real-estate websites...super low DA's (0-20), but there's so many of them, it's still significantly boosting my rankings.

Comments on this post

• Ann Smarty agrees : This is very insightful
    • KotBegemot agrees
  15. No Profile Picture

I think you should contact them.....
  17. No Profile Picture

It is not easy to publish guest on these reputed websites. Try to connect with writers. You must have authority content and a good budget. You can go through some other guest bloggers.
  19. No Profile Picture

I agree with other bloggers that the communication with the writers and editors is essential. Before contacting a a particular writer/blogger/columnist, make sure that you are familiar with their work, especially if they are writing about something correlated to your business. Respectable, trusted sources (such as Wallstreet Journal or Google News) could provide you high-quality backlinks but they also have high criteria. Therefore, the more your content is original and unique, the bigger the chance is that it will be recognized as valuable. Be brave and know your craft!
  21. No Profile Picture

Be wary, Huffington Post allows casual bloggers (like WN.com) - the links are no follow and probably don't have any credibility in Googles eyes. Worth a punt on fiverr, not the 100 being advertised on People Per Hour and so on.
  23. No Profile Picture

If you want to publish your content on guest posting websites then you need the budget for this and a high quality, unique and informative content. If you have all things then contact them via e-mail and contact forum and send your content to them.
  25. No Profile Picture

That's just to promote the site from such links, there is little benefit, otherwise all would already be in the top for the most monetary topics.
  27. No Profile Picture

Try to contact them but the possibility is too low
  29. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Quco
    Try to contact them but the possibility is too low
    Absolutely agree
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: